What's new

brittany

twostep

Nitro Member
Glad I didn't pay to see Funny Car Q4 - they had an awful time with the track; 15 out of 16 cars smoked the tires with only Beckman making a full pull, a 3.90. Too green, less prep and too cold. The Torrences both put up some amazing 60 foots - .815 and .817....295+mph at the 1/8th....

mick

Nitro Member
watching Q and first round yesterday, it's hard to watch the red JFR top fueler and immediately think brittany/grubby. nhra is making the totally correct move putting more emphasis on the stars
and less on the cars, but honestly, i don't like these modern days where constant sponsor shuffling change colors/graphics on cars all the time. sorry, i grew up with red/bud/kenny. blue/larry/miller lite.
gold/miller/mcullough. black/super shops/garlits. yellow banana/hill. red/motorcraft/glidden. blue/gm performance/wj. there's something to be said for instant driver/brand identity. how many castrol jackets, shirts, hats, did JFR sell in the midway over the years? there were synonymous with each other......capps/napa have a great thing going. so did tony/army.

Nunz

Nitro Member
watching Q and first round yesterday, it's hard to watch the red JFR top fueler and immediately think brittany/grubby. nhra is making the totally correct move putting more emphasis on the stars
and less on the cars, but honestly, i don't like these modern days where constant sponsor shuffling change colors/graphics on cars all the time. sorry, i grew up with red/bud/kenny. blue/larry/miller lite.
gold/miller/mcullough. black/super shops/garlits. yellow banana/hill. red/motorcraft/glidden. blue/gm performance/wj. there's something to be said for instant driver/brand identity. how many castrol jackets, shirts, hats, did JFR sell in the midway over the years? there were synonymous with each other......capps/napa have a great thing going. so did tony/army.
Nothing stays the same Mike. And no sponsorship lasts forever. In addition, marketing is just a different animal now.

mick

Nitro Member
i get that all day long nunz, just stating the obvious. that's why your favorite nfl team (for example), never , or very rarely, changes team colors. it's continuity. fans/customers relate.
many still do a good job at it in our arena. jegs and napa would be good examples. change is inevitable, and takes time to gain traction.