Brad Keselowski fans? (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
Anybody else here from Michigan? True story - Brad's Dad & Uncle, Ron & Bob... built the motor in my 1st car, a '70 Mustang. It was a hot-rodded 302. I went to thier shop once off M-24. This was like 1985 or so. Way before Brad was born! It's good to see the kid moving up in the sport. I'm not a NASCAR fan in any way, shape or form - but I do cheer for Brad and always will.

Yep Chris, the Keselowski name I am very familiar with. I grew up in the Toledo-Downriver area, and spent many nights at Toledo Speedway. There former driver in the truck series, Terry Cook I've known since he was a little kid. I worked with his dad at Seaport Automotive many years ago.

Ha Ha Haaaaaa!!The skinny kid from Oakland County just Beach-slapped the entire NASCAR field at Taladega!!!!! WOO HOOOOOO! Go Brad! That's awesome! That was a horrendous crash at the end. But Bradley stood his ground and got the win. You haven't seen that last of BK yet! :D :D

That was quite a thrilling finish. My interest in NASCAR has waned considerably over the last couple years, but today's finish was fantastic. Cheers to Brad!

Great to see Brad K get the win, but the finish is sparking a lot of conversation about the safety of the Talladega track.

I remember back when the track was first built, the drivers, led by The King boycotted the place at first, because they didn't believe the tires available to race with at the time would stand up to the speed the track allows.

Carl Edwards is convinced someone's gonna get killed before NASCAR does anything about it.

Thank god the catch fence did its job. If that would have failed it would have been ugly. Unfortunately there are only two ways to fix the problem, knock down the banking and take off the plates or put a bigger plate on which will only create tighter packs. NASCAR is in a tough spot on this one given the excitement Talladega gives the fans.

A quote from Carl Edwards:

"It's what we have to do," Edwards said of coming to Talladega to race. "I don't know how I'd change this racing. I know it's a spectacle for everybody and that's great and all -- but it's not right to ask all these guys to come out and do this. What if the car goes up in the grandstands and kills 25 people? ... I don't know if I could live with myself if I ended up in the grandstands."

And that right there is one of the problems. They ALL say that. All of the drivers think the situation sucks, but none of them ever have any solutions.

wasn't bobby allison flying into fence at talladega many years ago one of
the reasons nascar instituted the r. plate?

wasn't bobby allison flying into fence at talladega many years ago one of
the reasons nascar instituted the r. plate?

That is correct. Part of the problem yesterday was Newman's car hitting Edwards as his car was coming down and that impact and transfer of energy sent Edwards car back up into the air and ultimately into the catch fence. If Newman didn't hit Edwards he would have never hit the catch fence.

Knock down the banks and add another Michigan or California to the schedule?? Heck NO! Take out the bottom 10 rows of the stands and put up another tower in 1 or 4.

There have been some discussions of a chicane on the back stretch, as the Rolex 24 Daytona track does, to slow the cars down with no modifications.

. Unfortunately there are only two ways to fix the problem, knock down the banking and take off the plates or put a bigger plate on which will only create tighter packs.

And we all know that won't happen since ISC owns the track...I don't know how a "fan" can say that Talladega is a good race. It's a wreckfest and everyone is waiting for "the big one"! If that is racing then I need to find another sport to follow.

I'm just glad Carl is ok and the spectators were "only" hurt and not killed. That was one scary wreck...but hey NASCAR will be reaping the rewards of what happened by all the new "fans" that will tune in to see the next "big one"!

Congrats to BK for the first win.

Easy fix, put a smaller tire on the cars that will force them to lift in the corners and do away with the DUMB A Z Z plate.

I don't know how a "fan" can say that Talladega is a good race. It's a wreckfest and everyone is waiting for "the big one"! If that is racing then I need to find another sport to follow.

Yeah, all those lead changes during the race sure make it boring. Not everyone shows up to see a crash. The most exciting race I ever saw there didn't have any cautions at all. While restricter plates keep the cars bunched up, drivers blocking have caused most of the incidents including the last lap crash. Carl said that he went for the block and didn't realize Brad was under him. If Newman hadn't launched him we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. Just like in our incidents, many things went wrong at once. And the yellow line rule was defined by NASCAR when they screwed Reagan Smith out of a win last fall. The "line" rule has caused more problems than it solved. The bottom line is the drivers walked away and the fans had non-life threatening injuries. The fence kept the car out of the stands. As a sidenote, ticket buyers beware. On your ticket it says, "the holder of this ticket assumes all risk incident to the event, whether occurring prior, during or subsequent to the actual event."

Slam away, I'll be back there next spring too.

Barry, sure wont slam you with those good points but I still like the smaller tire and no plate:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back