Boycott Absolut vodka (1 Viewer)

i can't afford to throw away the bottle i have on my counter :D

figures though...i drift from the captain and this crap pops up

You promise to chuck it in the trash and I will send you a really good bottle of whiskey and a cigar, then you can really enjoy life.

A toast to Skyy Vodka, the beverage of anti-reconquistas

Check this out. SKYY Vodka responds to Absolut’s reconquista ad campaign:
SKYY® Vodka, Made in the USA, Proudly Supports Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo

America’s Most-Popular Domestic Vodka Decries Absolut® Vodka’s Suggestion to Redraw North American Map

SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–In 1848, the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo officially ended the Mexican-America War (1846-1848). With the signing of this treaty, the United States gained control of what was to become the Golden West, including California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada and parts of Colorado and New Mexico. Today, SKYY® Vodka, the number-one vodka produced in the United States, spoke out against suggestions by Absolut® Vodka to disregard that treaty, as well as the joining of Texas to the Union in 1845, as depicted in Absolut’s recent advertising.

“Like SKYY Vodka, the residents of states like California, Texas and Arizona are exceptionally proud of the fact that they are from the United States of America,” said Dave Karraker, SKYY Vodka. “To imply that they might be interested in changing their mailing addresses, as our competitor seems to be suggesting in their advertising, is a bit presumptuous.”

In the ad, an “Absolut World” is depicted where the map of North America is re-drawn with Mexico claiming much of the Western United States, negating the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, as well as the Gadsden Purchase (1853), and the independence of Texas (1836).

“Don’t get me started on the Gadsden Purchase,” continues Karraker. “I think the folks in Tucson and Yuma would be rubbed the wrong way if they hear this landmark deal was somehow nullified as suggested by Absolut, a Swedish-owned brand.”

SKYY Vodka was founded in San Francisco in 1992 and continues to be produced in the United States. Premium SKYY Vodka is made from American grain carefully selected from the Midwest and 100% pure filtered water. SKYY’s proprietary four-column distillation and three-step filtration process consistently ensures exceptional quality. SKYY Vodka products include luxury SKYY90® and new SKYY Infusions™, a unique, all-natural infused experience made with premium SKYY Vodka and succulent real fruit.
SKYY(R) Vodka, Made in the USA, Proudly Supports Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
Michelle Malkin A toast to Skyy Vodka, the beverage of anti-reconquistas

I was listening to the radio here yesterday and a mixologist (someone who mixes drinks professionally for bars, restuarants, etc) called in and said that 4 high profile clients have called this week to get them to redo all of there drinks that including Absolut with other vodka's. I think thats great.

I was criticized on another board for posting about this and saying that I thought Absolut was making a huge mistake in p*ssing off paying customers it already had in order to go after broke-a$$ people trying to get up here. I think I may have been right.

I was criticized on another board for posting about this and saying that I thought Absolut was making a huge mistake in p*ssing off paying customers it already had in order to go after broke-a$$ people trying to get up here. I think I may have been right.

Ron, thats what I was thinking. I could be wrong but I'm willing to be there's more people in the US drinking Absolut than there is in Mexico. I know they were just trying to hit it off with the Mexicans but how they didnt think this was going to reach here and piss off alot of people is beyond me. Its a very sensitive subject for many people these days. We are slowly but surely loosing our country is how some people look at it.

Ron, thats what I was thinking. I could be wrong but I'm willing to be there's more people in the US drinking Absolut than there is in Mexico. I know they were just trying to hit it off with the Mexicans but how they didnt think this was going to reach here and piss off alot of people is beyond me. Its a very sensitive subject for many people these days. We are slowly but surely loosing our country is how some people look at it.

LOL, I was basically called a racist for "spewing my hatred for Mexicans."

Of course, I was told on the old mater after Katrina not to trip on my robe simply because I talked about what appeared to me to be a lot of "dependency class" walking out in the days after! :D

When you're right and some people can't beat you on substance, they just make up something about you that you're not.

I think some of the hatred comes from the Mexican government. I remember their President saying that putting a fence on the border would be a racist act. Of course, Mexico PROTECTS it's own southern border! IMO and from what I've read, they don't want anyone else walking through who won't be sending dollars back home to Mexico.

I think Mexico has learned from leaders in the Middle East when it comes to stealing from your own people via corruption, then managing to convince those same people that their being poor is the fault of the U.S. and it's capitalism. Nice trick. After Arafat's death, they found 3 billion in banks around the world, money that was supposed to have gone to the Palestinian people. That was never reported in Arabic.

Which is easier for Mexico to do? Clean up it's own corruption or, send it's people here so they can send dollars home? I think Absolut realized that climate and tried to benefit from it. They were willing to stab current customers in the back in order to get new customers. I hope they lose their tails.

I think some of the hatred comes from the Mexican government. I remember their President saying that putting a fence on the border would be a racist act. Of course, Mexico PROTECTS it's own southern border! IMO and from what I've read, they don't want anyone else walking through who won't be sending dollars back home to Mexico.

I think Mexico has learned from leaders in the Middle East when it comes to stealing from your own people via corruption, then managing to convince those same people that their being poor is the fault of the U.S. and it's capitalism. Nice trick. After Arafat's death, they found 3 billion in banks around the world, money that was supposed to have gone to the Palestinian people. That was never reported in Arabic.

Which is easier for Mexico to do? Clean up it's own corruption or, send it's people here so they can send dollars home? I think Absolut realized that climate and tried to benefit from it. They were willing to stab current customers in the back in order to get new customers. I hope they lose their tails.

uou're right its very hypocritical how they react to a fence. Mexica has one fot he stirctest immigration policies in the world but gets pissed if the US wants to hold their people to such standards

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back