Bob Gilbertson in Drag Racing Action (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
Check out the March 2007 issue of Drag Racing Action Magazine

There is a 7 page article on Gilby, and there are two, count 'em, two photos of our (formerly) own Berserko Bob in it.

Bob Gilbertson RUMBLE in the JUNGLE!

"For Bob Gilbertson, Life has always been a JUGGLING ACT." Page 56

Also in this issue is the SEMA Show Pictorial and "The Best & Worst of 2006"

If you are not a subscriber, you should be. John D and the gang put out a great mag!

GILBERTSON FEATURED IN DRAG RACING ACTION MAGAZINE

Nitro Funny Car racer Bob Gilbertson received an early Christmas present this past weekend at the 19th Annual Performance Racing Industry Show in Orlando. When he arrived, he was greeted with a just released copy of the March, 2007 issue of Drag Racing Action that features his orange "Jungle Jim" Autolite XP Spark Plugs/Prestone Antifreeze tribute car on the cover along with a seven page story on him, his career, his team that made public the fact that he was once a clown.

"I kind of knew this was coming but I was blown-away when I saw it," Gilbertson said. "This is big for not only me, but my team, sponsors and friends who have helped me all through my career. I know Susan Wade (writer) has been working on this for quite a while and Ron Lewis (photographer) had been hanging around a lot taking shots but the whole deal gave me Goosebumps when I first saw it. The coolest part is when my family first saw it, their reaction after over 25 years of dealing with me while I did this crazy thing called Nitro Funny Car racing and to get this kind of recognition being a small single-car team racing with the big boys made it all worth while."

Drag Racing Action is available on the newsstands right now and for more information or to subscribe go to : Drag Racing Action - About Us

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back