Bob Gerdes - Circus Custom Paint R.I.P. (1 Viewer)

Notch1320

BerserkoBob
Nitro Member
I'm said to have to post this but my long time friend Bob Gerdes passed away early Monday morning. Gerdes was one of the best painters in the business and did cars for Jungle and hundreds of other drag cars that passed through his shop. I had a lot of good times with the dude and we talked on the phone weekly until his passing.

See ya in the movies....

Hey Bob, I missed stopping at the shop in Farmingdale after Bob went up north. One of a kind for sure!! Rolling Rock and paint... RIP Bob Gerdes!

Last edited:
Yes, I know some of you on this site hate when the older folks say "Good Old Days"
They were the "Good Old Days" They were the Days of our Lives!
Thanks Phil for another fantastic article.

Yes, I know some of you on this site hate when the older folks say "Good Old Days"
They were the "Good Old Days" They were the Days of our Lives!
Thanks Phil for another fantastic article.

QAlong with Glen, doing the lettering

QAlong with Glen, doing the lettering
Not to change the subject. Mike, I think I've ask you this before, can't remember.
(It happens when you get older...LOL well it's not that funny) Do you still have
train sets and do you have "American Flyer" on the dragster.

1673616626227.png

Not to change the subject. Mike, I think I've ask you this before, can't remember.
(It happens when you get older...LOL well it's not that funny) Do you still have
train sets and do you have "American Flyer" on the dragster.

View attachment 11869
Yes we have a few left-not like before.Yes the race car still has American Flyer on it.

Yes Weisgerber is Glenn's last name, sorry to say that he's not doing too good right now and he's currently in an extended care facility. He is a gifted drummer and search "The Love Pirates" to hear some of his band's music.

Asks Yes Weisgerber is Glenn's last name, sorry to say that he's not doing too good right now and he's currently in an extended care facility. He is a gifted drummer and search "The Love Pirates" to hear some of his band's music.
He turned my vw bug into a drum set by tapping around the car for different sounds, it was amazing what he was able to do, he told me he had done some studio work with Gordon Lightfoot, he airbrushed a polished sharp 75 spray gun on the paint booth door at Carters, from five foot away you could not tell it was not a real gun, won a few bets on that one, thanks for the info on his band, I will send my prayers for him and his family

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back