Bo Butner to Pro Mod (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Yep, Bo Butner was out making licensing runs in Harry Hrudka's Turbo Pro Mod. He went a best of 6.23 (so far), will make more runs tomorrow (Sun). He was asked is he gonna run Pro Mod this year & said "sooner or later". The Pro Mod car is a Camaro & it does kinda, sorta look like a Pro/S (except for the wing). Butner said it runs quicker in the 1/8 mile than his Pro/S does in the 1/4 mile. He was excited about driving the car.

Interesting to me that Erica Enders Stevens is going to run Pro Mod this year, also in a turbo car, that kinda sorta looks like her Pro/S car. So.... is all this a preparation for a switch to Pro Mod if / when Pro/S croaks?

Hrudka brothers were the founders of Mr. Gasket Company in Cleveland. Ran some very cool cars back in the day.

They kinda wrecked the motor yesterday, I got back to the pits and it was all taken apart and they were done for the day.

The title of the thread is a bit misleading. Bo Butner is not going to Pro Mod, he is going to run the car when his schedule allows. He is primarily focused on defending his Pro Stock Championship. The real question is does Bo Butner have any grade points, or does he have to pony up 35K and sponsor a race too? LOL

I think it is pretty cool guys (and gals) are stepping out of their comfort zone and getting in different machines to race as much as they can. I don't think it is the death knell for Pro Stock that everyone else thinks it is because a couple of competitors are going to run a different class part-time.

I thought it was interesting what Bo said in the video. I kinda got the impression that he was thinking about possibly running a Pro Mod type car. Was thinking that there are a lot of 1/8 mile classes that use Pro Mod type technology. 10 wide, Outlaw Street, etc etc. Bo said that he still has a car with a Pro Charger blower in it, so... Yeah, I know, speculation, but just interesting to me that he got the Pro Mod license.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back