Blowerfest This Weekend (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
Actually it's the "Winter Rod and Speed Show" set for the Linn County Expo Center in Albany OR this Saturday from 9AM to 9PM. I call it "Blowerfest" because more cars then not in this blown including a whole bunch of dragsters and funny cars. More than have been seen in decades at an indoor show in the northwest. They are all coming out to support my crew chief who had a stroke but is improving. go to my site CapRacing Home Page for details.

If you are in the area come out we have tons of good stuff to give away all throught the event so it should be a bast. Admission is only 6.00 kids 10 and under are free! Thanks to all of our great show sponsors for all their support!

Now word comes that we will have a NASCAR similator in the show that's so real you would think you were in the race. In fact the car itself is a Kevin Harvick car that's been retrofitted as a simulator.

Thanks to the following Maters Jim Young, Russ Parker, Nancy Matter, MAC and Kalitta Racing for all of their help.

Now word comes that we will have a NASCAR similator in the show that's so real you would think you were in the race. In fact the car itself is a Kevin Harvick car that's been retrofitted as a simulator.

Thanks to the following Maters Jim Young, Russ Parker, Nancy Matter, MAC and Kalitta Racing for all of their help.

As usual, Rich has poured a huge amount of time (and a bunch of money out of his pocket) to help someone. I'm very proud to have him as a friend - he is passionate about racing, but equally committed to helping those less fortunate than most of us. If you can get to the event, please find a way to help his crew chief! - Jim

Well, the show is completely packed out as we had 100 percent of the cars that registered show up. We even crammed a few more in such as Gregg Lawerence's A/Fuel Dragster. That, a long with a wide variety of cars, the NASCAR simulator, funny cars, etc. make this show that was just a dream just two months ago into a reality. Now if we can get a good turnout tomarrow I'll be happy and I think we will.

The show was a home run! We attracted over 700 spectators for a one day event and grossed over $8,000. Once the bills are paid it leaves $6,500 for for the family. Not to bad considering we planned this event less than two months ago and had a $150.00 ad budget.

We had a 100 percent car turnout and the NASCAR simulator and A/fuel car really added some pazzaz to the show. Nobody thought a show could be successful there but we proved them wrong.

Here's a link to the news story:
.: Albany Democrat-Herald: Local News

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back