Best Route to Fallon, NV? (1 Viewer)

DG

Nitro Member
We will be towing our Top Dragster from Bellflower, CA to Fallon, NV on Thursday for the National Open races there.

What is the easiest towing route to get there?

I know that we will be taking US395 north and see several options for crossing over to Fallon:

Bishop
Lee Vining
Carson City
Other?

Can anyone help?

Thanks… DG

Last edited:
We will be towing our Top Dragster from Bellflower, CA to Fallon, NV on Thursday for the National Open races there.

What is the easiest towing route to get there?

I know that we will be taking US395 north and see several options for crossing over to Fallon:

Bishop
Lee Vining
Carson City
Other?

Can anyone help?

Thanks… DG
Try - 605 - 210 - 15 - 395 (Bishop) - 6 - 360 - 95 Country Kitchen in Big Pine (395) - Worlds largest In-N-Out in Barstow (OFF 15)

Dave
I started a race there for the now defunct ADRA. Fallon drag strip is a cool little track you will like it. the best part of Fallon is the group that run it, they can't do enough for the racers. good luck.
Larry Sutton---🤠

Got a cousin near Wellington, NV and we take the 395 all the way up to Hwy 208, then cut over on back roads to Fallon. But don't recommend it unless you want to take the casual scenic drive.

Best to get to Bishop and go north on Hwy 6 from there to pick up Hwy 95.

Dave
I started a race there for the now defunct ADRA. Fallon drag strip is a cool little track you will like it. the best part of Fallon is the group that run it, they can't do enough for the racers. good luck.
Larry Sutton---🤠
That was a FUN race! They paid us out cash, and when we were getting paid, they said, “hey, we just tapped a fresh keg right before the race ended, you guys want some beer?” lol, why yes, we do….

Dave
Larry Sutton---🤠

Larry, I didn't make that trip as I couldn't make that race due to not enough vacation time and make it to the GoodGuys race the following weekend at Sears Point too. When to the Goodguys race and that was the one where my dad hit the wall witht he '57 and knocked him cold.

The ADRA race may not have been a success, but it had plenty of people wanting to believe in it. So many legends were there.

The Fallon was a great race with a big support by the racers, But a lot of carnage. Five fuel cars crashed. no won was injured but when the last one crashed I was walking to the restroom and I past Dave Uyehara and Dave was standing with a group of drivers and Dave said high Larry, I said Dave I am very glad to see you he said same here. I said no Dave I am really glad to see you, I thought you were DRIVING the last five cars. he dropped his head as everyone laughed.
Larry Sutton---🤠😊

Last edited:
Gino
The sad part of your post showing FALLON PHOTO and CD is that maybe 50% of the racers in the photo are no longer with us. I am in the front row and at least 7 of the front row have past.
Larry Sutton---🤠😢

Last edited:
Made it to Top Gun Raceway yesterday afternoon with no problems.

Waiting now for the call for Top Comp TnT session one.

Glad to hear David, hope it goes well for you and your team. Now, if you have time coming back down, take the 395 and make plenty of stops. Lot's of beautiful things to see along the way above Bishop. And when going through Bishop, make sure to stop at the world renoun Schat's Bakery. And if you can't get in, thry the Holy Smoke Texas BBQ place for lunch/dinner directly across the street. Well worth it.

Larry, that photo of Don'sshould be enshrined in a museum. Perhaps the Lions' Museum. Gonna see if I can have him make a poster form mefor the Nitro Revival. Yes, many have since passed. I think everyone around my dad is gone now.

I really need to get that CD. That picture of Garlits in the “Rat” that’s me standing behind him. Hand pushed started it, and almost ate sh$# when it fired and took off, leaving me waaaaay off balance, lol. That was the first race with an actual N/FC class, and we were lucky enough to win with Bugg’s car.

Glad to hear David, hope it goes well for you and your team. Now, if you have time coming back down, take the 395 and make plenty of stops. Lot's of beautiful things to see along the way above Bishop. And when going through Bishop, make sure to stop at the world renoun Schat's Bakery. And if you can't get in, thry the Holy Smoke Texas BBQ place for lunch/dinner directly across the street. Well worth it.

Larry, that photo of Don'sshould be enshrined in a museum. Perhaps the Lions' Museum. Gonna see if I can have him make a poster form mefor the Nitro Revival. Yes, many have since passed. I think everyone around my dad is gone now.
Friday and Saturday were challenging with several crazy bugs that we had to chase.

On Saturday, we didn't make Q1 and then had the burnout switch to the MSD go bad on the second session. Needless to say, the car didn't run very strong with a 5500 RPM rev limiter, but it was an all run field and we got in on the bottom of the ladder [just eleven cars]. We had to just guess at a Dial-In and broke out by a ton on our first full pass!

Things were great on Sunday and on the one qualifying pass before eliminations, we qualified #1 [nine car field]! That gave us a bye run in round one [broke out]; a super narrow win in round two with a double breakout win of just 0.0018. The Density Altitude kept climbing and by round three it was almost 7000 feet, and once again we broke out! Crazy!

We had a great weekend and thanks to everyone for the good advice on getting to and from the track.

Great people at Top Gun. NHRA, and in town!

We got our grade points for Sonoma, a small check, didn't break anything, and had a really nice time!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back