Bernstein's New Sponsor is Copart (1 Viewer)

You know I was ready to come in here and bemoan KB going from a major nationally recognized sponsor like Bud to some random little .com with no past, and worse, no future. But I'm wrong.

Copart is for real. They've been around for 27 years, they have almost 3,000 employees, they're listed on NASDAQ (and part of the mid-cap 400 index), they have a $3B market cap, with $800M in sales last year and almost 20% profit margin. In short, this is a real company, with a past, and if you believe the Motley Fool (which you should) a strong future.

Congrats to KB and company for nabbing a great sponsor. :)

You know I was ready to come in here and bemoan KB going from a major nationally recognized sponsor like Bud to some random little .com with no past, and worse, no future. But I'm wrong.

Copart is for real. They've been around for 27 years, they have almost 3,000 employees, they're listed on NASDAQ (and part of the mid-cap 400 index), they have a $3B market cap, with $800M in sales last year and almost 20% profit margin. In short, this is a real company, with a past, and if you believe the Motley Fool (which you should) a strong future.

i thought the same thing until i read about them, congrats to kb if anyone could land a big fish its him

KB will make Copart a nationally recognized name, and it's Bud that made a mistake.

The first time I dealt with Copart was in the early 1990's..... they're a good company!

That's great. This day and age, ANY one signing ANY sponsor is great. But Copart certainly is in the right exposure market. This is a great signing by KB Racing. Are they in NASCAR at all?

KB will make Copart a nationally recognized name, and it's Bud that made a mistake.
Isn't that the truth, Randy.
Bud has been around forever. The Budweiser hydro (forever)..Bernstien. I just don't get it..and I really hope it hurts InBev's bottom line.

I you know anything about the auto salavage business, you would know why they make tons of money. They have bought up salvage pools all across the company and quadrupled and more the fees buyers are charged to buy and sell salvage cars--as well as driving the cost of salvage cars out of sight. They can well afford about anything they want, I am sure.

Isn't that the truth, Randy.
Bud has been around forever. The Budweiser hydro (forever)..Bernstien. I just don't get it..and I really hope it hurts InBev's bottom line.

The Budweiser hydro was the project of Bernie Little, owner of several Bud franchises, and not Budweiser per se. Bernie was Mr. Hydro racing and Look at what's happened to that sport after Little died. Even in Seattle the Seafair Week race was written up in the daily fish wrapper as dull and boring with the jets in them and Seafair Week is the city's largest attended event and home to many of the fabled old thunder boats from their previous glory days.

InBev might suffer some market share loss but it's more to do with people discovering they been drinking some swill water marketed as beer. As with other companies they are also finding out that perhaps NHRA drag racing is too small a market compared to other auto related sporting events.

InBev might suffer some market share loss but it's more to do with people discovering they been drinking some swill water marketed as beer. As with other companies they are also finding out that perhaps NHRA drag racing is too small a market compared to other auto related sporting events.

Consider this for one moment
Since well before 1995 By LAW any diecast containing tobacco or alcohol sponsorship must be on a plastic base or in plastic case and cannot be sold to minors. Yet Budweiser is not mounted on base or in a casew and a minor can buy one at local diecast shop? NEARBEER?

Just thinking out loud

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back