Bernstein (1 Viewer)

And has Scelzi in rd1, Short day for kb.

So, should he just trailer the car right now and head home?

I don't think so.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p

As has been said here before, there's a reason they run eliminations on Sunday, rather than just handing out trophys saturday night.

KB may lose, but then, he may win.

Does it really have any impact on any of our lives if Bernstein wins or loses?
I could care less just as long as there is some good safe drag racing while mixing up the stage w/ different winners......

Have a nice walk...

There's my nominee for "Post of the Year."

Now, if you'll please excuse me I'm going back to the good old days where honor and integrity supersede all other attributes and to my business and life where a handshake matters as much as any documents and where money is a by-product of good sound business practices not the only end we seek.

There's my nominee for "Post of the Year."

Now, if you'll please excuse me I'm going back to the good old days where honor and integrity supersede all other attributes and to my business and life where a handshake matters as much as any documents and where money is a by-product of good sound business practices not the only end we seek.

Bobby,
You just hit the POST OF THE YEAR Pulitzer.....................
Man, I have never heard (read) it put so eliquently!!

you are So'oo right on Man!

Now, if you'll please excuse me I'm going back to the good old days where honor and integrity supersede all other attributes and to my business and life where a handshake matters as much as any documents and where money is a by-product of good sound business practices not the only end we seek.[/COLOR]

You look back upon business history with rose colored glasses, Bobby.

History is replete with people screwing people in the business world. This sort of behavior is nothing new.

You know that.

I was looking forward to watching KB this season. However, after buying away another team's crew chief after the start of the season...I HOPE HE FALLS ON HIS FACE!!!!

So you must be the guy that's privvy to the deal and in the know as to how KB hired him....

Last edited:
So you must be the guy that's privvy to the deal and in the know as to how KB hired him....

No, I'm the guy that thinks KB had plenty of time to build his team before the season started. I'm also the guy that bought his first (2nd, 3rd, 4th...)energy drink, Monster, because they supported KB. However, my opinion of what some people justify as "good business" differs.

Full Disclosure: I like KB and have NO insider information.

Maybe it's been covered elsewhere but, my understanding is that Jimmy Walsh did NOT have a contract with Tuttle's team.
KB offers JW a contract (plus, no doubt a PILE of guaranteed money) and an opportunity to have an A+ budget with a long term professional team- what would YOU do?
Ballsy leap-of-faith on KB's part too. (Correct me if I'm wrong-JW didn't make his bones as a FC tuner?)

Handshakes are great but the willingness to "put-it in- writing" (and Dexter probably SHOULD have at the beginning of 2007) are the way grown-ups do things.

Bobby,
You just hit the POST OF THE YEAR Pulitzer.....................
Man, I have never heard (read) it put so eliquently!!

you are So'oo right on Man!

And what business have you run lately? I know if I took that old school mentality into my daily business activities I wouldn't have a job. I might run a business in a cutthroat industry compared to Bobby, but if I had handshake agreements with no contracts I would be putting the whole organization at risk because I don't have commitments to move product. A crew chief is much like this, without a successful crew chief your team is at risk. If Tuttle didn't want Jimmy to leave he would have a contract with him that had a termination penalty in it if he wanted to leave. I am done talking about this because some people just don't get it and are stuck in a rut with blinders on. No matter what Kenny is going to be a bad guy....

Full Disclosure: I like KB and have NO insider information.

Maybe it's been covered elsewhere but, my understanding is that Jimmy Walsh did NOT have a contract with Tuttle's team.
KB offers JW a contract (plus, no doubt a PILE of guaranteed money) and an opportunity to have an A+ budget with a long term professional team- what would YOU do?
Ballsy leap-of-faith on KB's part too. (Correct me if I'm wrong-JW didn't make his bones as a FC tuner?)

Handshakes are great but the willingness to "put-it in- writing" (and Dexter probably SHOULD have at the beginning of 2007) are the way grown-ups do things.

Try telling this to the people that are stuck back in the 60's. :eek:

I didn't mean for my opinion to take over this thread. Sometimes old guys like me, in their thirtys, get caught up thinking about the 60's...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back