Bernie Fedderly Retires from John Force Racing (1 Viewer)

One of my all-time favorites. Lots of cool memories from when Ace and him were running together. Congrats Bernie on a wonderful career and your many significant contributions to the sport. Enjoy a richly deserved retirement.

By far one of my favorite race car tuners of all time. He's also one of the few people in this world, that for the life of me, I honestly always, ALWAYS questioned why - especially after Gary Ormsby, - that he didn't go off on his own to carve out his own path. Don't get me wrong; he's had a great run with Austin Coil and JFR..... but BF always struck me as one of very few guys who coulda' went out and kicked everybody's azz..... and I mean EVERYBODY'S...with the right driver and team. Best of luck to you Mr. Fedderly - and thank you!

Is that Anyone's damn Business?

d'kid

Lighten up. The guy asked a simple question and anyone who has seen Bernie at the races at all recently can clearly see that he has some condition that exhibits similar symptoms to Parkinson's.

I too hope Bernie enjoys his retirement. He has accomplished a lot in drag racing.

By far one of my favorite race car tuners of all time. He's also one of the few people in this world, that for the life of me, I honestly always, ALWAYS questioned why - especially after Gary Ormsby, - that he didn't go off on his own to carve out his own path. Don't get me wrong; he's had a great run with Austin Coil and JFR..... but BF always struck me as one of very few guys who coulda' went out and kicked everybody's azz..... and I mean EVERYBODY'S...with the right driver and team. Best of luck to you Mr. Fedderly - and thank you!

I didn't know he worked with Ormsby. I thought he worked tuning Ed McCulloch's Miller Funny Car in the late 80s early 90s then went to Cruz in 92 and won the title and then went to Force and won a whole lot more titles.

I didn't know he worked with Ormsby. I thought he worked tuning Ed McCulloch's Miller Funny Car in the late 80s early 90s then went to Cruz in 92 and won the title and then went to Force and won a whole lot more titles.

I also don't remember him tuning for Ormsby. Close with Cruz, he left mid year 92 to go work for Force and that was before Cruz went on the tear at the end of the year taking the title away from John. Larry Meyer/Lee Beard was tuning Cruz when he won the title.

I also don't remember him tuning for Ormsby. Close with Cruz, he left mid year 92 to go work for Force and that was before Cruz went on the tear at the end of the year taking the title away from John. Larry Meyer/Lee Beard was tuning Cruz when he won the title.

I don't remember him working for GO either. He worked for Larry Minor a long time (10 years+) before going to Force.

Thanks Mike Larson for the nice clip from Indy. Best wishes Bernie, you are well respected, a Hall of Fame recipient, and just one bad ass race car tuner !!! Thanks for all the endless hours of hard work bringing enjoyment to us Nitro fans !!! God Bless you.

Thanks for sharing that Mike. Great Video. Bernie has done such a great job! He is in the Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame and I hope he's in in America. He has done Edmonton proud. Wishing him all the best in his retirement! Worked for some great teams. I know he won Indy with the Royal Canadian in TF and with this funnycar too. How many with Force? They have won a bunch.
Dale

Geeze, what was I smokin? When I wrote that I was actually thinking about the Miller High Life car that Ed McCullough drove. Sorry for all the mixup - but I stand by what I said - Bernie is one of my all-time favs

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back