Beer Garden at the Gators (1 Viewer)

force fan

Nitro Member
I was surprised to see this. In the 20 years I have been attending the Gatornationals, they have never sold beer!! Joe, maybe you should try to make it next year :D And, the prices were not too bad, $7 for a tall boy. Hell, I paid $15 for a tall boy at the Lightning game :eek:

A spectator next to me said the track was still zoned as agricultural so no alcohol could be sold. A different zoning now allowed it.

It may have something to do with the type of liquor license they have to have also. For example, temporary, sales / consumption have to be within a confined area etc....

I've always been one on the fence about alcohol sales at the events....mainly because I know they first introduced it at Columbus back in the 90's....it was a disaster and they had a lot of problems in the stands on the non-pit side of the track.

Don't get me wrong...it was always a part of the day to go slug some beverages and tailgate between rounds or when we got to the track in the mornin', when NHRA actually gave you time between rounds, if you didn't want to roam the pits....my concern was someone would do something stupid and then we as fans lose our pit access due to liability...and that is the one thing that sets NHRA from other sports.

Although...I would be interested to see what their definition of a beer "garten" was...I had the opportunity to spend 14 days traveling Germany back in November / December....now THAT is how you do a Beer Garten :D (Hiccup)

We were pleasantly surprised to see the two beer tents there. Great way to get out of the sun and have a couple of cold ones.

I was surprised to see this. In the 20 years I have been attending the Gatornationals, they have never sold beer!! Joe, maybe you should try to make it next year :D And, the prices were not too bad, $7 for a tall boy. Hell, I paid $15 for a tall boy at the Lightning game :eek:

Really Lynn.....I might have to make the trip afterall...lol

I remember going to Yankee Stadium years ago when it was bat day and everyone got a Free Bat!!!

After a few hours in the hot sun and about ten beers later that were fights all over the place and I told one police offer instead of bat's why not just give them all 38's and see what next.

One group of guys poured beer from the upper deck onto some guy's below them. I got my wife and kids out of there and as we were walking in the parking garage this guy comes running up to the group of guys who poured the beer on him just as they were getting into a brand new car and proceeded to put the baseball bat through every window on the car before he got finished.

None of the guys would get out of the car. It was all over in a matter of a few minutes.

Jim Hill
http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Gainesville and Englishtown were the only tracks I know of that never sold beer! E-town I can see, I bet it would be fight central is they served beer there!
joe, i've had yuengling and it didn't make me want to fight, is there another east coast beer that makes you want to fight?

Gainesville and Englishtown were the only tracks I know of that never sold beer! E-town I can see, I bet it would be fight central is they served beer there!
There did not seem to be any problems with people being too drunk or disorderly. Hopefully they will keep the beer garden for future events!!

In the 20 years I have been attending the Gatornationals, they have never sold beer!! Joe, maybe you should try to make it next year :D

Joe, you were the first person I thought of when I saw the Beer Gardens, too. Maybe Gainesville will have to get added back into your rotation! You mentioned airline ticket prices have been too high to fly out here, but don't you ever fly with FF miles? I can clue you into an easy way to get tons of miles, maybe not on Southwest, but on other major airlines.

Last edited:
I've never seen beer for sale at the Gators, but Top Eliminator Club Members get two free beers each day.

Budweiser beer garden.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back