Beckman wrecks in American Revolution car (2 Viewers)

Re: Beckman wrecks in Mr Explosive car

I thought he was driving the American Revolution car owned by Jennings.

it was in the Jennings' American Revolution car.....Jack is ok but the same cannot be said about the car

Rocky, your correct. He was driving the jennings car

Just hung up with Jack. He is fine but upset about the car. He said he was sure he had saved it about three times then it hit the guardrail and ended up on it's top.

I hate it for Jack, and for Lee, but at least he's OK and you can always fix cars.

Alan

Thank God Jack is fine...........all things can be fixed! The budget and pride hurt like HELL, but they can be fixed. Hang in there! All will be well:D

Glad to hear "Fast Jack" is no worse for the wear; sorry to hear about the condition of the Jennings' race car.

In less-catastrophic news, after the 1st session of qualifying, Kris Krabil is in the #1 position at 6-flat, supported by a top-end speed of 242 mph.

Because the track is less than super-sticky, the 2nd session of Funny Car Qualifying -- originally slated for later tonight -- has been moved back until tomorrow morning.

Just hung up with Jack. He is fine but upset about the car. He said he was sure he had saved it about three times then it hit the guardrail and ended up on it's top.

I hate it for Jack, and for Lee, but at least he's OK and you can always fix cars.

Alan

Thanks Alan.

Mod's... can you please correct the name of this thread. Thank you

Tim

Heard them go off as I pulled in the driveway from work. Temp at the time was 75F, Humidty 34% and skies were clear. Current Temp outside here in Sacramento down the road from the track at 1823PST, is 65F and 33% Humidty. Skies are partly cloudy at times with some of the cloud cover dark and threatening. Winds 5-15MPH with higher gusts at times. I'm glad Jack is fine, he's a great driver and look forward to seeing him back out on the tour soon with DSR. I'll roll by the track and report back on the nostalgia portion of the staging lanes.

Last edited:

Alan

Thanks Alan!

Really glad that Jack is a-o-k.................I know Jenna is too!!

First off Glad Jack is fine.. This really sucks for the jennings though.. I hope they can come back from this...

Sure is good to have confirmation that JB is safe - so thanks those of you who posted. I wonder if they know what happened? That was a pretty race car

Jack is fine, he was getting hugs from a lot of the other drivers when the banged up Camaro was towed back to the transporter. Who knows how the chassis is banged up, but it was towed back on the ground, no rollback.

I was standing at about 70 feet, Jack was the first pair with Mark Sanders "Mr. Explosive" funny car, both cars got loose off the transition from the launch pad and skated, Jack looked like he had it under control but there was no traction. He moved to the left guardwall, climbed it once then back down and climbed it again, photos will show the rear end above the top of the K-rail. After the second hit on the left wall the car moved into the right lane and slowly laid on its side and gently rolled onto the top.

Only a chassis jig will tell how the chassis is.

#1 Kris Krabill 6.008
#2 Mendy Fry 6.38

Session two of qualifying is at 11:00AM Saturday

Bummers.... Glad to hear that Jack is ok. I saw Todd and Don Barton repairing the paint on the body after the Bakersfield meet. It sure was a nice paint job.

Glad Jack's OK and after seeing the pics and how it came to rest, I'm glad that thing wasn't on fire. Could have been worse.

Dave

Glad to hear he's O.K., but I can't believe that the left lane bump hasn't been corrected after all these years. The only way around it was to hug the centerline right about half track and then move back over to the center going through the lights. There was another bad bump about 150' past the finishline in that lane as well. Gotta have the chute out early or you'll bounce all the way to Truckee.

And for the record, this is Jack's second incident in that lane as he and Andy McDougal got waded up back in the early 90's in rear engine dragsters.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back