"Fast" Jack Beckman To Drive "American Revolution" Nitro Funny Car in Sacramento in A (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]SACRAMENTO, Calif. (March 24, 2009) - "Fast" Jack Beckman, driver of the Valvoline/Mail Terminal Services Dodge Charger Funny Car for Don Schumacher Racing in the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series, will change pace on one of his off weekends and drive Lee Jennings' Nostalgia "American Revolution" Camaro at the 28th Annual Funny Car Fever at Sacramento Raceway Park on April 24-25, 2009.

Beckman recently had a chance to familiarize himself with the Jennings-owned funny car at a test session at Auto Club Famoso Raceway, located outside of Bakersfield, Calif., where he ran an on-and-off-the-throttle 6.07 seconds at 224 mph.

“It’s great to have Jack take time out of his busy pro schedule to come and play with us on his off weekend," said Jennings. "He is such a great driver that I know he’ll do well and have a lot of fun at the same time.”

Beckman, who currently sits in the 11th spot in Funny Car points, will attempt to qualify for one of 16 elimination positions at this race, which is the second event on the Mickey Thompson Championship Drag Racing Series.

“Ever since I was 7 years old I have always dreamed of driving a nitro Funny Car," said Beckman, of North Hills, Calif., and the 2003 NHRA Super Comp champion. "Next month I get to drive two of the best in the country: Don Schumacher's Vavoline/MTS Dodge Charger and Lee Jennings Sr.'s 'American Revolution' Chevy Camaro.

"Being a sportsman competitor for over 22 years, I have raced at Sacramento Raceway dozens of times. It will be awesome to come back and perform in front of some of the best drag-racing fans there. I’m crossing the days off until April 24."

For more information on the 28th Annual Funny Car Fever event at Sacramento Raceway Park you can visit the links below:

619 Promotions, Drag Racing, Funny Cars, Nitro, Event
funnycarfeverseries.com
Untitled Document <http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/>

Attachments

• FCtruck[1].jpg
    FCtruck[1].jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 24
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back