Bazemore (1 Viewer)

Hope springs eternal, John. After being subjected to Rusty Wallace's "analysis" during the Indy 500 time trials, I think there may be other avenues to pursue other than our original quest. I may be the only one, but gawd, I can't stand to listen to Rusty Wallace.

I was a fan of Rusty when he drove, but having him do color on the Indy coverage is like having Paul Page do the lead on the NHRA races! :eek: Let's trade the two even up...at least Rusty knows what a drag car is. He's been a big fan of NHRA through the years and came very close to fielding a Pro Stock Ford (backed by Miller Lite) to do battle with WJ during his glory years.

The best gig for Rusty would be to comment on the NASCAR races...a young DW in training.....boogedy boogedy boys...let's go racin'!!! :D

LOL....hey, has anyone seen the old 2001 coverage on ESPN Classic the past week, with Marty Reid and Cruz Pedregon? LMAO........and everyone gives Paul Page a load of crap. Cruz was awful at best. He couldn't get anyone's names correct (crew chiefs), he botched sponsors and was horrific for play by play......and to think we all got worried when he left...LOL

LOL....hey, has anyone seen the old 2001 coverage on ESPN Classic the past week, with Marty Reid and Cruz Pedregon? LMAO........and everyone gives Paul Page a load of crap. Cruz was awful at best. He couldn't get anyone's names correct (crew chiefs), he botched sponsors and was horrific for play by play......and to think we all got worried when he left...LOL

gotta disagree with you there, paul by far is the worst in my opinion just because of his lack of knowledge of the sport. a boring voice compared with no emotion what so ever makes him horrible. the worst thing about the cruzer was the pen thing on the monitor every 2 seconds. johnny mopar and GTO jeff will take over the reigns at topeka, please call espn :D :D

Thanks for the support Jeff...I'm familiar with the Topeka booth...that would be fun, and I won't refer to "rolly bars"...guaranteed!!!

Thanks for the support Jeff...I'm familiar with the Topeka booth...that would be fun, and I won't refer to "rolly bars"...guaranteed!!!

Joh, John, how quickly I have been forgotten--remember my recommendations leading up to you and Jeff's successes? Ah, how success changes everything--now I have simply been used and tossed aside like so many others along the rocky path to broadcast booth success. But I'm not bitter, hell no, I wish you and Jeff the best of luck on your new gig, but remember, you never know when "rolly bar" may slip out, and it can be over in an instant! Beware the curse of the rolly bar.

Joh, John, how quickly I have been forgotten--remember my recommendations leading up to you and Jeff's successes? Ah, how success changes everything--now I have simply been used and tossed aside like so many others along the rocky path to broadcast booth success. But I'm not bitter, hell no, I wish you and Jeff the best of luck on your new gig, but remember, you never know when "rolly bar" may slip out, and it can be over in an instant! Beware the curse of the rolly bar.

Terry....there's room for you in Topeka's Race Control! I'd be proud to share the big Microphone with you!

There was a time when a thread simply titled "Bazemore" would have produced 10 - 12 pages of rants from the Baze lovers and the Baze haters. Now, only two pages and the thread goes off on another tangent. Ahhh - those were the days!

There was a time when a thread simply titled "Bazemore" would have produced 10 - 12 pages of rants from the Baze lovers and the Baze haters. Now, only two pages and the thread goes off on another tangent. Ahhh - those were the days!

Hi, Kathy! You think John and I have gotten slightly "off topic"? When a Mopar guy and a Chevy guy start working in collaboration, it may be a wonder that the earth hasn't come out of its orbit! A slight diversion from a topic is minor compared to what could happen because of our actions.

However, I certainly do agree with you that it is interesting that a Whit thread remained this benign and derailed. My how quickly things can change.

Hi, Kathy! I certainly do agree with you that it is interesting that a Whit thread remained this benign and derailed. My how quickly things can change.

No kidding Terry! A Baze thread would have been on fire this time last year! It's amazing what a kinder, gentler approach accomplishes....

And yes...it's a pleasure 'working' with a Chevy guy! One of my best friends in motorsports is a Ford guy...my...how I've changed! Back in the 70's I was a different guy...blindly loyal to my brand. I've learned from my mistakes....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back