Bazemore (1 Viewer)

It had something to do with "takin' your sweet time to stage" a while back. I think they are over it now.

I think it is simply a function of his competitiveness. He seems like a pretty good guy but when he is all jacked up on adrenaline and a lost round people stick a mic in his face. That leads to.... TROUBLE!!:eek:

I try hard to separate the two situations for most racers.

As many have said though Whit may be mellowing a bit at this stage of his life.

..................Could be that getting away from the pressures of DSR has alot to do with his new attitude!

..................Could be that getting away from the pressures of DSR has alot to do with his new attitude!
Actually, I noticed the change when his son was born.
Think back to the 'gators when he won the race and had just become a father.
Totally different guy almost.

I wish Whit all the success. Regarding 'pressure' at DSR, I believe the pressure he was under was self induced. Scelzi says it's the best job he's ever had, and Capps certainly likes his environment. Ace's St Louis interview regarding DSR was glowing. Think back about Whit's hateful interviews, high speed pit accidents, NHRA warnings...he was an angry guy back then...his own worst enemy.

Fatherhood should be the best thing to happen to him...I know it was for me. It puts it all in perspective.

Go Whit....GO!

Maybe he has gotten a good perscription for Vallium! That always seems to take the edge off. I like the "less angry" Whit much better!

The Vallium is called having a Kid... They do wonders mellowing a middle-age guy out:D

I liked the old Whit... Like the new one even better

If any of you have forgotten, this dude took NOTHING and made it into something pretty cool. I give him a free pass for "aggressive" behavior in the past. After his 10th funny car fire, I didn't hold anything against him.

Mark

The cool and groovy sounds of Barry White...in the booth. Whit has a new calling!

I think I'm sending an audition tape to ESPN. I want Page's job, and I'll even charge them less... :rolleyes:

i know about the sport and i can talk, so i got a lot on page. ill do it for 10 bucks and hour and free food. oh yeah and can i hang around ashley forces pit after the races? :D

Thanks Terry...I appreciate the support! I'll keep you posted....

Hi, John! Any word on the job yet? I see there are some other applicants out there now, but none of the other guys have my endorsement---can you believe it? Chevy guy endorses Johnny Mopar?

Hi, John! Any word on the job yet? I see there are some other applicants out there now, but none of the other guys have my endorsement---can you believe it? Chevy guy endorses Johnny Mopar?

Just received an automated response from ESPN...I think that's a promising sign! Anyway...they're considering me and thanked me for my interest and will contact me should anything open up. I'm sure they'll be calling any minute. They're an equal opportunity employer that encourages minority applicants. I realize I look like a "white male", but my mother tells me that her uncle's second cousin worked under Chief Pontiac....so that would count...wouldn't it???

Terry....thanks for your support. I listed you in my references to ESPN...proof positive that I can relate to people of all credes, colors and walks of life. They weren't sure about my name....they weren't sure what a 'Mopar' is...but then again, I'm not sure either. Maybe Scelzi knows...that'll be my first question once I get that big anchor job...."Gary buddy....before you ride off in to the sunset, please tell us....what the heck is a Mopar"? That's an ice-breaker for sure....;)

Just received an automated response from ESPN...I think that's a promising sign! Anyway...they're considering me and thanked me for my interest and will contact me should anything open up. I'm sure they'll be calling any minute. They're an equal opportunity employer that encourages minority applicants. I realize I look like a "white male", but my mother tells me that her uncle's second cousin worked under Chief Pontiac....so that would count...wouldn't it???

Terry....thanks for your support. I listed you in my references to ESPN...proof positive that I can relate to people of all credes, colors and walks of life. They weren't sure about my name....they weren't sure what a 'Mopar' is...but then again, I'm not sure either. Maybe Scelzi knows...that'll be my first question once I get that big anchor job...."Gary buddy....before you ride off in to the sunset, please tell us....what the heck is a Mopar"? That's an ice-breaker for sure....;)

Wow, John! Sounds like you're very close to breaking down the corporate door! And the Chief Pontiac connection should be the clincher, although you might have to do some quick peddlin' while explaining the Pontiac lineage combined with Scelzi's clear and concise (?) explanation of what a Mopar is? Nevertheless, we press onward. I fully expect to be contacted today by ESPN for a reference. I'll keep you posted.

Wow, John! Sounds like you're very close to breaking down the corporate door! And the Chief Pontiac connection should be the clincher, although you might have to do some quick peddlin' while explaining the Pontiac lineage combined with Scelzi's clear and concise (?) explanation of what a Mopar is? Nevertheless, we press onward. I fully expect to be contacted today by ESPN for a reference. I'll keep you posted.

I should be good-to-go...I listed Jeff Dibaigio as my minority reference....he's BIG with the Pontiac people! :D

The cool and groovy sounds of Barry White...in the booth. Whit has a new calling!

I think I'm sending an audition tape to ESPN. I want Page's job, and I'll even charge them less... :rolleyes:

If you get the gig Johnny, do we get to pick on you for six months too? :D

Yes, but Johnny, can you say Motor Parts?:D (MoPar) And Rolly Bars are good with Ice Cold Milk...

I can say MOtor PARts...but 'Mopar' is a little more mysterious. I still remember some cat on NASCAR coverage (during Dodges first year back in 2001) saying that 'Mopar' stands for...."Move Over, People Are Racing"! That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Back to my ESPN career....I haven't heard anything yet from their headquarters in Bristol (CN), but I'm sure they've been busy eliminating everyone else.....:confused:...

I can say MOtor PARts...but 'Mopar' is a little more mysterious. I still remember some cat on NASCAR coverage (during Dodges first year back in 2001) saying that 'Mopar' stands for...."Move Over, People Are Racing"! That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Back to my ESPN career....I haven't heard anything yet from their headquarters in Bristol (CN), but I'm sure they've been busy eliminating everyone else.....:confused:...

Hope springs eternal, John. After being subjected to Rusty Wallace's "analysis" during the Indy 500 time trials, I think there may be other avenues to pursue other than our original quest. I may be the only one, but gawd, I can't stand to listen to Rusty Wallace.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back