Bazemore (1 Viewer)

Tod Vanvalkenburgh

Nitro Member
Maybe just me but I thought Whit was the best penalty box
Annoucer I've heard in quite some time
And What was that bit about not saying a word when
Switching back to Funny car?

I agree...Whit was very informative and even made a favorable comment regarding John Force, which was a classy thing to do.

The only thing Whit has going against him (from a broadcasting perspective) is the quality of his voice. But yes...he did an excellent job. Mike Dunn is still the best color guy we've ever had. He's a total talent....

I agree, he did well in the booth and he has calmed down a lot over the last few years.

Last edited:
He's definatley mellowed out a little. Just seems more all-round happy
I guess that`s what getting married, having a kid, and moving to laid back Eugene, Oregon will do for you. I`ve always liked Bazemore...glad he got away from the Don and Ron show and hooked back up with Beard.

he was good in the booth, and his voice is like barry white compared to that #$%^&* paul page :D :D

I hated seeing Whit up in the booth during the show, but he was great.
I am glad that he is having success this year and does seem to be happier. I spoke with him for a little bit about cycling at Vegas this year and he was looking forward to Denver when he gets a bit of riding in.
I want to see Whit and Lee continue to kick butt as the season progresses and hopefully are in the show the rest of the way.

I'm glad to see that others have noticed the new Whit bazemore. He definetly seems happier,less edgy, and best of all less angry. What has caused these changes ???? Maybe Whit can tell us. I'm coming from a place of respecting Whit as a driver but I always thought he was his own worst enemy. That kind of anger can get in the way of success and if he continues to go on the enlightened path he seem to be on the success he has worked for for so many years will come

I agree I was thinking the same thing as I watched him in the booth. He really was one of the best drivers they have had in the box. Of course I really hate to see Lee and Whit DNQ. Hope we are deprived of seeing him there the rest of the season. Go Whit and Lee in Bristol.

The cool and groovy sounds of Barry White...in the booth. Whit has a new calling!

I think I'm sending an audition tape to ESPN. I want Page's job, and I'll even charge them less... :rolleyes:

John, feel free to use me as a reference! I'm sure my recommendation will carry tons of weight with the bigwigs at ESPN....

Maybe he has gotten a good perscription for Vallium! That always seems to take the edge off. I like the "less angry" Whit much better!

Maybe he has gotten a good perscription for Vallium! That always seems to take the edge off. I like the "less angry" Whit much better!
I do too. I actually enjoyed listening to him. He was insightful, calm, and witty. He did a really nice job with absolutely no slinging of verbal barbs. Well done, Whit.

As a relative newbie when I rediscovered NHRA the 2 guys that stood out
for me were Bazemore and Force.Cause both seemed to be really upfront
and spoke their piece without the PC attitude that has started to permeate
everything around us these days.
So what is the story with these 2 seems like they fueded for a while
Can anyone explain?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back