Barklage Racing Looking To Keep Momentum Alive In Indy (1 Viewer)

BARKLAGE RACING LOOKING TO KEEP MOMENTUM ALIVE IN INDY
Top Fuel Pilot Scott Palmer to Drive for Barklage Racing

July 12, 2007 ( INDIANAPOLIS , IN ) – After a short break, racing resumes with the Super Chevy Show in Indianapolis , Indiana . Barklage Racing is excited to be back in action, but the weekend comes with some anxiety of the unknown.

Although Cody Barklage is tied for first place in the Nitro Coupe class, he will not be driving his Pontiac GTO this weekend. Behind the wheel will be Scott Palmer, regular driver of the O’Reilly Auto Parts / Nitro Plate Top Fuel Dragster.

“I really just wanted to help out a friend this weekend,” said Palmer. “I’ve known Mark [Barklage] for a long time, and when he called needing a driver, I said yes. A lot of people only know me from driving Top Fuel, but I’ve been a door car guy for more then 10 years. I’m a Pro Mod guy and love racing Pro Mod’s. My goal for the weekend is the same as any other. We want to go out and win the race. I know the Barklage’s have a good car, so I think we should be able to do well.”

The last minute change of driver was due to tragedy hitting the Barklage camp. Earlier this week in a devastating accident, longtime friend of both Barklage Racing and Mark Barklage Drywall Joe Bellamy, was involved in an accident at the Barklage Racing shop. He did succumb to his injuries and passed later the same day.

“We are all very sad and heart broken about the accident,” said Cody Barklage. “Our whole race team and drywall crew are in shock right now. Joe was a good friend to us all and we will miss him very much. He spent a lot of time in the race shop and with the drywall crews, so he was like family. I love to race, and I’m going to miss being in Indy with the team, but I need to be home for the funeral services, and to support my family now.”

Despite Cody Barklage sitting out, Zach Barklage will compete in Indianapolis . Taking the pole at the previous two Super Chevy Shows and coming off big wins in Kansas City and Rogersville , Missouri , Zach is feeling very confidant.

“Right now I have a very good race car,” said Zach. “The goal for the weekend is to step things up a bit and try to gain some ground on my brother. We have back on board Boulder Creek Dining, who has supported us for several years now, and I’m excited to work with them again. Although he won’t be there, I know his car is still the one to beat. I am going to go ahead and race, but my thoughts are with Joe’s family and my family during this difficult time. It was a bad deal.”

Although the team will be racing with a heavy heart, they know the show must go on. This weekend Scott Palmer and Zach Barklage will be racing in memory of Joe Bellamy.

“Hopefully we can continue our team success in Super Chevy, but right now we all have other things on our minds,” said team owner Mark Barklage. “When something like this happens, it puts things into prospective. Both my race team and drywall crew have come together during this time and everyone is leaning on each other. I’m proud to be surrounded by a great group of people. We will be okay, and a big win this weekend will prove good things can come out of hard work and dedication. I believe Joe would be very proud to see us do well this weekend.”

Barklage Racing would like to acknowledge Boulder Creek Dining in Brownsburg , IN , Lucas Oil, Taylor Cable, Torco Racing Fuels, NGK Sparkplugs, Goodson, Goodyear, Lake Race Products, P & A Drywall, Mark Barklage Drywall, Moreland Well Drilling, Weld Wheels, Aeromotive Fuel Systems, and Super Chevy Show.

Notable
  • 20 year old Cody Barklage is currently the youngest driver on the Super Chevy Show tour and 23 year old Zach Barklage is the second youngest.
  • The team is based in Lake Ozark , Missouri .
  • The team is owned and operated by parents Mark and Cathy Barklage, and operates a large family owned large drywall company in the Ozarks area of Missouri .

BE SURE TO VISIT
Lucas Oil
www.LakeRaceProducts,com
Taylor Vertex :: 80 Years of Heritage and Legendary Quality
.: Pit Mat USA - Durable, Affordable Pit Flooring! :.
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Goodson Tools and Supplies for Engine Builders
NGK Spark Plugs USA

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back