Bad Job Espn2!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Having worked in TV for 10 years I can tell you that you never really know what the root of this problem is. More than likely, the regular ticker-girl was on vacation. A free-lancer was filling in and had some intern feeding information left and right with no clue what was going on.

Last night ranked right up there with what happened last summer via ESPN Radio. ESPN sets up this whole World Series of Poker deal to run as a series months after it's actually completed in Vegas. Well, instead of letting me enjoy it during the broadcasts later in the year, it was a summer day when Dan "The Duke" Davis released the results in a sports break on ESPN radio.

It's even gotten to the point know where you can't tune into the SPEED report or Wind Tunnel during commercials because they'll run highlights or it's on the ticker. But at least I understand that.

Even ESPNews got in the act showing highlights well before the event ended. I saw Greg Anderson with a Wally flipping the channels so that was given away early in the day.

I just wish they would eliminate all of those streamers. They take up part of the screen and I really don't care who won the double dutch jump rope championship. I don't want to read anything...just watch.

I can't get my tv to show the whole 'ticker' when using my dvr box.....so, I'm used to only getting the top half and totally ignoring it. :)

I am convinced some people dont know WHAT they want

Threads like this crack me up. I remember a time in the late sixties early seventies when I had to wait till the glossy car magazines came out months later for results because i was not a NHRA member and did not get my results via National Dragster two or three WEEKS later. Then later on I would pay dollars per minute to hear D Macs results over a 900 number and scribble down the results, When I missed or my pen ran out of ink i would have to call back AGAIN. And this time audio record the results, then transcribe them. Now you kids are complaining your getting the news too quickly and its spoiling your fun.

It's a sporting event not a freekin movie with a surprise ending.

Funny, I didn't even notice they were showing actual results.

I'm amazed how often the quasi-ticker seems to get it right in a way one would think it was real time (i.e. recapping prior rounds but no more).

I would think, ESPN2 runs the same ticker on all it's various channels, so, it's remarkabe it doesn't happen more frequently.

(Heck, half the time I listen to the Audiocast and can't remember the final outcome when the ESPN2 show airs - I certainly don't remeber round by round action:D (only HALF kidding)

Huh........... I always wonder why people will flock to remakes of movies like "King Kong".....

I mean, it doesn't end any differenty:confused::rolleyes:

REX

How come when they review movies, the critics go out of their way not to give away the ending? There's a bunch of prime time dramas I won't miss the first time they air, but when the summer rolls around and I've already seen an episode, maybe I'll watch it and maybe I won't. I go into full fledged sequester mode on Sunday, I stay off of all racing sites from when they start racing until the last pair has aired on TV, and a large part of the thrill is not knowing what happens. Going into the TF final yesterday I thought Bernstein was going to win, that's why it was extra exciting to see Doug pull it off. No matter if it's a movie, book, TV show, or sporting event it's much more exciting when you don't the outcome beforehand.

im sure you all seen on the clicker at the bottom of the screen espn had the winners of the race before it happened! with all the tecnology today, why cant they make a button so you can remove the clicker off the screen, its disctracting enough but when espn does something this stupid there is no excuse for it, it showed the winners again during the pro stock final. imagine if they showed the winners of a nascar race during it.

I never pay attention to that ticker at the bottom of the screen. So I never saw the winners.

They couldn't show nascar winners during the race because those races are live.;);)

Last edited:
Re: I am convinced some people dont know WHAT they want

Threads like this crack me up. I remember a time in the late sixties early seventies when I had to wait till the glossy car magazines came out months later for results because i was not a NHRA member and did not get my results via National Dragster two or three WEEKS later. Then later on I would pay dollars per minute to hear D Macs results over a 900 number and scribble down the results, When I missed or my pen ran out of ink i would have to call back AGAIN. And this time audio record the results, then transcribe them. Now you kids are complaining your getting the news too quickly and its spoiling your fun.

It's a sporting event not a freekin movie with a surprise ending.

Hey chief, for the majority of the folks on this board watching the NHRA on Sunday evening is the highlight of a sports weekend. And BTW, if you didn't think Sunday was a SURPRISE ending...well......I guess your not a Hector Arana fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Honestly,

I watch the show with my Ladders and Notes from the Audio cast. I do this to see how well my interpretation of the web cast matches what happened.

Ya ought to see me when the broadcast starts before the race is finished.

d'kid
stats junky

maybe you will be happier when its on the vs's network or better yet spike tv @ 2am! be glad for having same day coverage an enjoy it while you can

What streamers? I sit with my finger on the fast forward button and watch the pre-recorded event and fast forward through the commercials. The rest I just watch the action and I thought the stuff going by for a different sport! Thanks for telling me what it REALLY is! BRILLIANT!:D

And another thing! It's the beauty of the same-day tape delay. I don't have to sit on the couch Sunday afternoon and watch while a perfectly sunny day in the south goes by. The NHRA same-day delay may be the best thing I have going for me in my technological deficient life.

1. No camera phone
2. No plasma tv.
3. No HDTV
4. No DVR.
5. No GPS Navigation.
6. No internet access at home.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back