Bad Job Espn2!!!!! (1 Viewer)

afx421

Nitro Member
im sure you all seen on the clicker at the bottom of the screen espn had the winners of the race before it happened! with all the tecnology today, why cant they make a button so you can remove the clicker off the screen, its disctracting enough but when espn does something this stupid there is no excuse for it, it showed the winners again during the pro stock final. imagine if they showed the winners of a nascar race during it.

Ya i just noticed the clicker right before Hight lost to Pedregon... I agree you would think that would have that covered so it wouldnt happen. Oh well i guess thats life

Yeah, I saw it coming and quickly shielded my eyes, but I saw too much.
I frickin' had to laugh at how much that sucked. LOL

ARRRRRRGGGGG!!!! I Hate ESPN (well maybe not hate but gezzz)

• we put up with Paul Paige (he doesn't get any better, he was just like on the Indy stuff too)
  • we tolerate talking over the staging and races
  • we learn to live with graphics all but covering the cars at the start

but do we really have to just accept them showing the winner of the race that's staging on the screen in the Bottom Line scroll on that same screen? :rolleyes:

if I'm gunna know the winner before I can watch the race at least they can do is try and good as good a job as Diamond P did a couple decades ago :mad:

I see it has only taken us a week to forget about the good job they did last week and rip into them this week.:rolleyes: Don't you guys have anything else to ***** about? I saw the results scroll across the screen before the finals and you know what, I chuckled. There are bigger things in life to worry about then this.

I think maybe they hit the graphics 2 for 1 sale....jeez tone it down a bit. Not the best show from a production standpoint IMHO...but it sure was great seeing The Hammer and Dougzilla win!

I see it has only taken us a week to forget about the good job they did last week and rip into them this week.:rolleyes: Don't you guys have anything else to ***** about?

there's always seems to be people that think we should just "close our eyes and think of England" rather than voicing unsatisfaction with what ESPN/NHRA is providing us with...if it doesn't bother you fine, but why should people unhappy about it not say anything?

frankly, the deteriorating quality of the NHRA broadcasts helped convince me to get a DVR so I could FF through the dregs and still see the races (I'm sure the advertisers are thrilled with that)...and I'd be more than happy to change the channel if there was another choice

Other than interviews overlapping the next pair of cars, I thought it was a good show.

I see it has only taken us a week to forget about the good job they did last week and rip into them this week.:rolleyes: Don't you guys have anything else to ***** about? I saw the results scroll across the screen before the finals and you know what, I chuckled. There are bigger things in life to worry about then this.

Luckily, with age, I can't read too well at a distance:D

All this is human nature, and we can't let it get us down.

I like the quote......... "One mans ceiling is another mans floor.":)

Perfectly fitting.;)

REX

I know how mad I would be if I found out who won before the run. I stay off the computer on Sundays so I am able to watch on Tv. As far as the ticker goes I find it really annoying on any shows on Tv. The weather advisories are the worst, some stations go very overboard on their weather coverage. I understand the need to be informed but block by block storm movement is crazy. Now back on subject I have learned to zone out the ticker on the screen during the race. ESPN otherwise did a good job today with many favorites out first round and a few surprise winners.

It may sound a bit dumb, but I have a simple solution. I always put a couple rows of masking tape over the bottom of the screen even before I turn on ESPN2 to watch the broadcast. I know the event is likely over by the time the TV starts, but I like to watch the event without knowing the results before it starts. Try the tape, it works.

Dave

I listen to the race all day, then watch the Video on ESPN2. Personally, I don't like or need the graphics, it looks like an overly busy web site, with the pop up blocker off.

I still think that Paul, Mike, Dave, and GG did a good job yesterday.

At least we don't have to see/hear 'the Powerade/GEICO Screamers'

I'd give last nights show an eight. Please, ESPN, It's Television, Not an interactive web site.

d'kid

I agree Paul. No, wait, I disagree.....er.....well...shoot! It's 2008, every event is televised, and thank goodness it's not live! Nope, there ain't nuttin to complain about here 'cept my grammer! May she RIP.

I listen to the race all day, then watch the Video on ESPN2. Personally, I don't like or need the graphics, it looks like an overly busy web site, with the pop up blocker off.

I still think that Paul, Mike, Dave, and GG did a good job yesterday.

At least we don't have to see/hear 'the Powerade/GEICO Screamers'

I'd give last nights show an eight. Please, ESPN, It's Television, Not an interactive web site.

d'kid

BINGO! Give that man a prize! :D (agreein' with ya, Karl)

I'm not taking anything away from the job they did last week, but I think the original complaint was directed more towards ESPN headquarters in Bristol rather than the crew working in Norwalk. Clearly it isn't Paul, Mike, Dave, Gary, or the production crew's fault that the results appeared on the bottom line. On the other hand I think it's a legitimate complaint, it would be like sitting through 90 minutes of a two hour movie and then all of a sudden have someone come in and tell you how it ends.

I'm not taking anything away from the job they did last week, but I think the original complaint was directed more towards ESPN headquarters in Bristol rather than the crew working in Norwalk. Clearly it isn't Paul, Mike, Dave, Gary, or the production crew's fault that the results appeared on the bottom line. On the other hand I think it's a legitimate complaint, it would be like sitting through 90 minutes of a two hour movie and then all of a sudden have someone come in and tell you how it ends.

Huh........... I always wonder why people will flock to remakes of movies like "King Kong".....

I mean, it doesn't end any differenty:confused::rolleyes:

REX

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back