Bacardi buys Patron (2 Viewers)

boy, the things you miss when your internet is down a few days.....

now to go find the thread bashing my favorite older racer because he hit another timing block this weekend....
Do you know why he did? They did not clean up well enough from from Haddock’s fuel leak. They left raw fuel all over the track. Know your facts before you spew garbage.

Last edited:
Not sure you guys understand the difference between a Million and a Billion........

Alan
M is a stack of $1000 bills 6" high, B is a stack as high as the Washington monument, 500 feet, the "B" is real money.

As we figured would happen, Tequila Patron is ending all involvement with motor sports in general.

Tequila Patrón has announced that it will depart from the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, both as a team sponsor and a series sponsor, following the conclusion of the 2018 season. The decision brings to an end a long and successful racing involvement for the brand, which has backed winning cars in the Rolex 24 At Daytona, the 12 Hours of Sebring and Petit Le Mans.

https://racer.com/2018/07/16/patron-to-end-motorsports-involvement-at-years-end/

Well, as it was alluded to that is likely the real reason why Alexis retired.... she saw the writing was on the wall and decided to get out before the sh*t hit the fan.

Oh, I would bet that if Alexis decided to return right now she would not have a problem finding an "adequate" sponsorship. ..........

Not sure I follow you Sam. Alexis has no issue funding a ride in any racing format she may choose.

Before people jump on me, I am sure that Alexis would be able to find a sponsor. The question is, if the buyout was the reason she retired, why can't her dad sponsor her? It's not like he's hurting for money.

After some quick research Patron sold fo 5.1 billion (yes billion) dollars and JP was a 70% owner of the company. Add in the billions that Paul Mitchell is worth and other investments and I am sure her operation would be 1st class if she ever decided to return.

Before people jump on me, I am sure that Alexis would be able to find a sponsor. The question is, if the buyout was the reason she retired, why can't her dad sponsor her? It's not like he's hurting for money.
Alexis doesn't need anyone to sponsor her she could run that car on her own dime if she wanted to. It's about being at home with her family. I don't think some fans realize just how much time is spent away from home even for a fly in driver. At least 4 or 5 days on race weeks, and that's not counting time away for sponsor obligations and meet and greets.

Well, as it was alluded to that is likely the real reason why Alexis retired.... she saw the writing was on the wall and decided to get out before the sh*t hit the fan.

As Alan mentioned before. When I alluded to this maybe being the reason Alexis was done before, it was because I didn't understand/know the family net work. If she wanted to race, all she has to do is pull out her checkbook; no marketing partner required.

Alexis doesn't need anyone to sponsor her she could run that car on her own dime if she wanted to. It's about being at home with her family. I don't think some fans realize just how much time is spent away from home even for a fly in driver. At least 4 or 5 days on race weeks, and that's not counting time away for sponsor obligations and meet and greets.
Alexis made a personal decision but....every interview I have seen with her she sure seemed like a highly competitive person. The type that feeds on it. I predict once she feels her family is on the right track she will need something to fill that competitive void. Not saying it'll be drag racing but wouldn't be shocked either.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back