Baca to drive!!! (1 Viewer)

I gotta say perhaps the best thing that came come from this is more stories from Mike Henkelman :D

I wish someone would really hire YOU to drive. You've been begging long enough. I'll bet you'd never once rant on the countdown in an interview. And if you say you would I don't believe you.

HOORAY!
Great to see Baca driving again!
Vegas & Pomona are gonna be fun!

I wish someone would really hire YOU to drive. You've been begging long enough. I'll bet you'd never once rant on the countdown in an interview. And if you say you would I don't believe you.

bet me. If asked I would answer honestly...and yes even cleanly, how I feel about the coutndown.

Yes it would be my dream to hop in the seat of ANYTHING faster then what I race at Milan with now. But you need money to make some dreams come true.......

First and foremost, I want to say Congrats & Good Luck to David Baca.
With that said, I don't know who I'm happier for - David Baca or Rod Fuller.
It is apparent that David Powers has recognized a class act that doesn't fall far from the tree. Dennis Baca was a class NHRA product from the 70's and much like his son, a "run-whatcha-brung" kind of racer. This Baca duo are one in the same when it comes to how you accept the sport. You show up and qualify. If you don't qualify, you go back to your pit and figure out why YOU didn't qualify.......not dwell on who did and why. You go "out" on race day, you analyze what YOU did wrong or could do better......as apposed to blaming it on your own crew or your opponent "deep staging".
. Which brings me to Hot Rod. Enjoy these next two races and take in the feeling of what the epitome of a "team mate" really is. Yes, he is older and wiser. But he will share his knowledge and his years of experience. He will help you help yourself to be a better driver. Most of all, you can bet your last dollar that he will Never, EVER ...... hop on a bicycle and just ride off when you need a friend...............

I hope like HELL David has been takin dance lessons in his down time....

Great guy....nice watch....cute ass....but dances like a one legged chicken!

Kudos on the ride...

Mike, thank you for the thread as it will save me money....I can now cancel my L.A. times subscription!(I was taking that paper to see if'n you had died)

Glad to hear/see your monkey bald ass is still kickin...

Peace, KB:cool:

PS. Tell your Mom,Dad and Bran "sup" for me....

Hey Mike!

That's some INSIDE INFO That you don't hear very often! Awesome story..Great Quote..."TOO SMART FOR SCELZI...SOME POLISH!"!:D

Great Opportunity for Dave! Is your Dad Rick Henkleman? Is Rick gonna be out in Vegas? My Dad, Don "Tiny" Charlet, built a hot rod for Rick back in the early 60's in Hemet/San Jacento, Ca. Dad always say's he's gonna stop by to say hello...! Has ever since Rick ran his Top Alcohol Funny Car back in the late 80's!

As much as I want to see you guy's back out in your own RIDE...(The Spoiler 2?) Driving for a quality team like DPM would very much kick some A$$! See you guy's out there! Give Senor Baca a huge pat on the back from his Favorite "NHRA STARTING LINE GUY AT BANDIMERE!" :cool:

As much as I truly hoped it was going to be someone else who got the ride, I am extremely happy and excited for David Baca and I hope he does really well in Vegas and Pomona...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back