Ashley Force-Hood may drive again, then again she may not (1 Viewer)

I certainly understand the sentiment of this post but I don't believe John has ever placed his daughters in their cars. They decide to race and take that risk. I'm sure John hasn't forced his daughters to race in any capacity. If they didn't love it and want to do it, they wouldn't be there. He's only enabling them to do what they want for a living and that's drive a race car.

I agree.....I mean lets think about some of the people who followed their parents into the cockpit:

Larry Dixon
Brandon Bernstein
The Force Sisters
The Coughlin Brothers
Adam Sorokin (whose father was killed in a racing accident)
Mike Dunn
Shelly and Randy Anderson
Kurt Johnson

.....the list goes on and on....should these people's parents have kept them out of the cockpit for their own safety?

I'm not so sure how much "free will" is in the Force daughters driving. Ashley seems to have been the only one who was truly passionate about the sport. Courtney and Brittany certainly don't seem, from all appearances, to have the same level of drive for it. Brittany to be sure, who seems dedicated to a college education and another career.

I wonder about any of them and whether it's them really wanting to do it, or just following in footsteps. Or perhaps just not wanting to let their intensely passionate dad down.

You hear parents of kids who follow in their footsteps all the time say "oh, they chose to do it, we left it up to them, we didn't force them". But at the end of the day, you have to wonder how much family pressure (even implied or implicit), expectations, and even something as simple as not knowing what else to do, played a role in that "choice".

I believe it was said during the JFR presser that Brittany will be back racing in her alcohol car this year. I'm gonna have to look around to see where I read that but...

I'm told by someone close to the family that Ashley was driven to drive just to prove to her dad that she could. Having done it she doesn't have a great desire to continue. Brittany doesn't care much for driving/racing and probably will never drive a fuel coupe, her motivation is to be a special education teacher. Courtney is the most motivated to drive and has a great desire to do so.
Now please bear in mind that all of this is second hand and may or may not be totally correct.

I'm told by someone close to the family that Ashley was driven to drive just to prove to her dad that she could. Having done it she doesn't have a great desire to continue. Brittany doesn't care much for driving/racing and probably will never drive a fuel coupe, her motivation is to be a special education teacher. Courtney is the most motivated to drive and has a great desire to do so.
Now please bear in mind that all of this is second hand and may or may not be totally correct.

good call john
COURTNEY BIDING HER TIME, PUTTING IN LAPS

I would agree with Chris. It would be highly unlikely she or her husband would want her to step back into the seat of a funny car. Motherhood and fatherhood bring on new priorities. I tthink her new job will provide her new challenges and will fulfill her need to be involved with JFR.

she's president of JF Entertainment now; i'll hedge bets with chris and
say she's done driving.........i don't think john saw this coming; there's
a lost investment here, could be reason behind JFR big marketing push this
year - reciprocate fan brand interest lost by Ashley's absence.

I was one who thought that having AF out there in a FC would open doors to corporate America to the Sport of Drag racing like never before! problem is I never saw it! Melanie Troxel got more media coverage than Ashley got!

I agree.....I mean lets think about some of the people who followed their parents into the cockpit:

Larry Dixon
Brandon Bernstein
The Force Sisters
The Coughlin Brothers
Adam Sorokin (whose father was killed in a racing accident)
Mike Dunn
Shelly and Randy Anderson
Kurt Johnson

.....the list goes on and on....should these people's parents have kept them out of the cockpit for their own safety?

and the Kalitta's and Baca's

......................Melanie Troxel got more media coverage than Ashley got!
scratch-head.jpg

One thing Mel has over her, is getting media coverage outside of America. Well Mel has a lot over Ashley in general, multi talented driver, better driver in general, personality, and for those that go on the whole 'looks' thing, Mel's got her covered there too.

And you have every right to disagree. But you're crazy if you think Ashley is a better driver...

I certainly understand the sentiment of this post but I don't believe John has ever placed his daughters in their cars. They decide to race and take that risk. I'm sure John hasn't forced his daughters to race in any capacity. If they didn't love it and want to do it, they wouldn't be there. He's only enabling them to do what they want for a living and that's drive a race car.
I agree 100%.

One thing Mel has over her, is getting media coverage outside of America. Well Mel has a lot over Ashley in general, multi talented driver, better driver in general, personality, and for those that go on the whole 'looks' thing, Mel's got her covered there too.
I think Melanie is one of the best multi task drivers out there. But when it comes to the media, she doesn't have the Force name, and the weight the Force name carries, has more power then any other name out there when it comes to the media.

And you have every right to disagree. But you're crazy if you think Ashley is a better driver...

X2

You can argue the looks and personality sh!t 'till the cows come home because everyone has their own taste. But if I had a car and those were my two choices, I'd go with Mel every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Outside of the last name, Mel is comparable in every category of marketability and is simply more seasoned behind the wheel. ;)

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back