Ashley Force-Hood may drive again, then again she may not (1 Viewer)

john

Nitro Member
check out the podcast with Ashley at RPM2Night.com

it's about 14 minutes long and we cover a lot of stuff, including motherhood, her new job, whether she will race again and how the criticism she received her first year affected her.

thanks,
jk

I ran HR for a Fortune 100 company, and I've seen many of the most committed, A-Type, and powerful working mothers with definitive plans to return to work, walk away after the birth of their first child. This will be very hard for her, and if I was making odds, it would be toward a significant hiatus from the driver seat (read: 3-5 years). But, of course, I don't know her and could be quite wrong.

she's president of JF Entertainment now; i'll hedge bets with chris and
say she's done driving.........i don't think john saw this coming; there's
a lost investment here, could be reason behind JFR big marketing push this
year - reciprocate fan brand interest lost by Ashley's absence.

she's president of JF Entertainment now; i'll hedge bets with chris and
say she's done driving.........i don't think john saw this coming; there's
a lost investment here, could be reason behind JFR big marketing push this
year - reciprocate fan brand interest lost by Ashley's absence.

Yea, John knew it was coming.

Wasn't it last summer where she said something like... including driving for Jerry Darien she has been racing 9 years and was looking forward to going a different direction in life, ie starting a family?

Back when Autumn was still a baby Adria told my wife how much Ashley loves her neice Autumn and was looking forward to having kids of her own.

Ray Charles could see this coming.

RG

Did anybody else have trouble with the link? I couldn't get it to work, but I typed rpm2night.com and it came right up????????

Alan

P.S. Nice interview John

Last edited:
thanks alan. i tried the link and it worked for me. not sure, but thanks for going the extra mile to listen to it!

since posting the podcast i've had more than 500 new people visit the site. more than i got yesterday for the dale earnhardt, jr story.

thanks again to everyone for making it a great week!

I ran HR for a Fortune 100 company, and I've seen many of the most committed, A-Type, and powerful working mothers with definitive plans to return to work, walk away after the birth of their first child. This will be very hard for her, and if I was making odds, it would be toward a significant hiatus from the driver seat (read: 3-5 years). But, of course, I don't know her and could be quite wrong.

Happened to me (except the female / motherhood part).

I was hell bent on living the airline pilot "dream". After spending a few years in the USAir system I got on with Netjets. Netjets had pilots beating down the doors to get in. They were very selective in the interview process and it took an act of Congress to get the job (dunno how I slipped through).

Fast forward 9 months after starting there and a little crying midget with less hair than me moved in. I couldn't stand the thought of leaving home for 7 days after that.

Don't ya think courtney will be the replacement to ashley? She has all year to get the bugs out and then she will be the third or maybe 4th car in '12

Last edited:
this will not be a popular post, but IMO john should not place any
of his daughters in his race cars - he has enjoyed tremendous success
while enduring one fatality and then almost his own.
if one his daughters were severely hurt or worse drag racing, i'm not so
sure there would still be a JFR.
(my opinion has nothing to do with a female's ability to drive a funny car)

I totally agree 100%

The woman thing? Forget it, it doesn't exist..

Ashley has proved everything she could ever hope to prove. Could she win a championship if she committed herself to tour full time over the next few years? Without a single doubt, she has proved to be a pressure player.
You have to be someone who feels the love to race these cars of today. I would personally rather enjoy my health, my limbs, and family, and my safety, and let someone else drive the car.

I got to think when JF retires, there will be some times he looks back on as heartbreaking. From that, one wonders why he would risk his children in a fuel car. I know if something ever happened to my daughter, you might as well kill me right now.
I know racers look at it differently.
JMHO.

Last edited:

I certainly understand the sentiment of this post but I don't believe John has ever placed his daughters in their cars. They decide to race and take that risk. I'm sure John hasn't forced his daughters to race in any capacity. If they didn't love it and want to do it, they wouldn't be there. He's only enabling them to do what they want for a living and that's drive a race car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back