Army wants to sponsor DSR in 2013 (1 Viewer)

Outstanding news. Stewart Haas will need to find roughly $8million to replace Army's investment, as they hope to continue to purchase Hendrick built cars, and Hendrick built engines.

Great news for DSR!

if the two parties can come to an agreement for 2013 within next few weeks,
they should invite (D)Betty McCollum(MN) to her very own BIR, if even
for a few hours on saturday or sunday of the event.
i mean this very positively, could be a wonderful way to demonstrate
what is happening with these dollars within the NHRA

Last edited:
The Army receives a lot for their bucks from Tony and the Don ! Tony is an excellent spokesman for the Army and the Don is a good businessman !

I know it's up to Congress every year but the bang for the buck is clearly there with that Team and that venue !

Good luck to Tony and the Don !

It's all about ROI. At NASCAR events they don't have the ability to engage the young people and make contact like they do at the drags. With NHRA they do a TON of that at the track and NHRA Youth and Education Services also generates intrest and contacts.

If you can show a positive return you have a valid reason to continue the program. Ryan Newman winning a race doesn't help the Army connect with his young fans.

Alan

It's all about ROI. At NASCAR events they don't have the ability to engage the young people and make contact like they do at the drags. With NHRA they do a TON of that at the track and NHRA Youth and Education Services also generates intrest and contacts.

If you can show a positive return you have a valid reason to continue the program. Ryan Newman winning a race doesn't help the Army connect with his young fans.

Alan

I have always thought that was NHRA's huge advantage where sponsors are concerned as opposed to NASCAR! Sponsors have personal contact with fans at the track in NHRA whereas they don't in NASCAR! Yet so many sponsors leave after a year or two in NHRA!

It's all about ROI.

It comes down to access. NHRA, and drag racing in general has a longstanding tradition of "Every ticket is a pit pass."

NASCAR, on the other hand, does everything possible to limit access to the pits, and racers by limiting access to a select few willing to pay for it, and limiting THAT access in a very tightly controlled fashion. Any soldier or recruiter spending time with the NASCAR team is going to mostly see other racers and crew members, and very few fans.

"If you can show a positive return you have a valid reason to continue the program. Ryan Newman winning a race doesn't help the Army connect with his young fans".

Alan[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Exactly right Alan. I'm so happy someone finally gets it even if it's the US Army and not madison ave. NASCAR has been brainwashed into everyone's mind that a product can't get by without them but that's not the case. Hands on marketing in the pits and events away from the track is where it's at. Are you going to buy a product just because you saw it on a car? Maybe, but it takes a lot more than that to get ROI for most sponsors. This is very refreshing how many times do these decisions go the other way?

I also believe that the NHRA is a bargain for team sponsorships than what it is compared to NASCAR. I'd rather spend 3-5 million than 20 million per year on advertisement.

When I hear about racing and the US Army, I still think of Don Prudhomme first. I think of Tony Schumacher 2nd. It goes to show how a winning team with sponsor identification go hand in hand. I know there was about a 20 year gap between sponsorships, but the Army impact in drag racing goes back almost 40 years now.

Without disrespect, I don't think of Jerry Nadeau, Mark Martin, Joe Nemechek, or Ryan Newman first. Obviously, I remember their association with US Army sponsorship, but those are filed further back in the brain.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back