Army wants to sponsor DSR in 2013 (1 Viewer)

the congress trying to eliminate sports sponsorships
is nothing more than a tangible military expense to us serfs.
the CIA(painted with broad brush) runs our military, regardless of who
is president or what party controls anything; the majority of the military
budget is not up for discussion or debate.
the portion of the military budget congress has any control over is just
enough to pander for votes to enhance their personal agenda and re-election.

that being said, if ever there was a time to show how 'i can do more with less',
(i.e. army/dsr/nhra) now may be the time; the national debt is a catastrophe,
in and out of the news but more so in now in this election year.

ARMY.001.jpg
Hmmm, could we see the Army sponsorship on one of the funny cars? John thanks for posting!

I agree 100% that any sponsor involved in NHRA racers gets a lot more for his advertising dollar than a NASCAR sponsorship. I was lucky enough to score some VIP tickets for the ARMY T/F car's hospitality area a few years back. In all honesty, I was not much of a Tony Schumacher fan at the time. I'm ashamed now to admit it, but I didn't even like him a little bit, but free tickets are free tickets, plus they were including a free lunch, so who am I to judge? Anyway, just getting to meet Tony changed my mind about him 180 degrees. He's a genuinely nice guy, and treated everyone I saw him come into contact with that day like he was glad to have them as fans. I felt truly ashamed that I ever thought anything bad about him before. Now lets suppose I was a NASCAR fan. Whatever you think of a driver before the race is probably what you're gonna think of the driver after the race, because you're never gonna get close enough for any personal interaction to change your mind. And since we naturally associate the driver with the product backing him, if you don't like the driver, the chances of you helping support his sponsor so they can help that SOB keep racing is slim. But more than once I've been pleasantly surprised to find a drag racer I didn't care for turned out to be OK in real life.

And then there's last Saturday night at Daytona. Ryan Newman gets a whale of a finish, car and drivers suit is on screen for extended interview. The problem? Some Dental Co. is on the car and uni, not Army. Pay 8mil large and it doesnt guarantee permanant paint. Maybe not a contributor to the issue at hand but if your paying 8mil to sponsor your girlfriend then you don't want to see her ...(nevermind, bad analogy)

And then there's last Saturday night at Daytona. Ryan Newman gets a whale of a finish, car and drivers suit is on screen for extended interview. The problem? Some Dental Co. is on the car and uni, not Army. Pay 8mil large and it doesnt guarantee permanant paint. Maybe not a contributor to the issue at hand but if your paying 8mil to sponsor your girlfriend then you don't want to see her ...(nevermind, bad analogy)

That's because it wasn't in the ARMY's contract to be primary sponsor for that race. Newman has several different primaries to make the year. Nearly every car in NASCAR does these days.

Veterans Day I would understand... except it's after the season is over
Labor Day has nothing to do with the Military... It's a workers holiday...
Memorial Day Weekend would work... except... Indy 500 and World 600

d'kid
NAVMAG Subic Bay
NMCB 3

Last edited:
The amendment was just voted on and it was narrowly defeated (14 votes), so the Army is allowed to stay with the NHRA and DSR next year.

Veterans Day I would understand... except it's after the season is over
Labor Day has nothing to do with the Military... It's a workers holiday...
Memorial Day Weekend would work... except... Indy 500 and World 600

d'kid
NAVMAG Subic Bay
NMCB 3

the Fourth of July maybe?

it's ok for private sector contractors to profit from military
contracts....weapons, support, intelligence, communications, etc.,
but not recruiting?

the hypocrisy of congress here is astonishing (well, not really).
do they think the recruiting branch will succeed by internally promoting itself?
the private sector is behind the success of our military.

not to mention tax dollars circulating back into the private sector that
created them is healthy.

Last edited:
They way the trend is going with this vote, this might not pass next year if the amendment is brought up again. 77 votes that were no last time changed to yes this time. Let your congress members know how you feel about micromanaging the military recruiting budgets which is what this amendment was proposing to do.

just imagine the time & money spent on this vote.
then consider they are trying show the public how they are trying
to save $72 million in military spending, roughly .0001 percent of the overall military budget ($650b reported 2009).

how about cutting 10% or more of the overall military budget, now that would
be significant, but our war machine would never let that happen.

Last edited:
at least the vast majority of the defense spending goes to American companies and American workers....that can't be said about a lot of other government expenditure... :-/

They way the trend is going with this vote, this might not pass next year if the amendment is brought up again. 77 votes that were no last time changed to yes this time. Let your congress members know how you feel about micromanaging the military recruiting budgets which is what this amendment was proposing to do.

I look at it as a "you scratch my back on this and I'll scratch your back on your bill" especially in a major election year. Nothing is ever straight up, out in the open honest.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back