Are You Kidding Me?? Bob Bode Getting A Raw Deal!! (1 Viewer)

You must be a liberal. Life isn't fair -or- balanced, deal with it. Not everyone can race on Sunday. Bode's team understands and they wish everyone else would.

Don, that's pretty unfair, and a personal/political reference. He was simply pointing out the difference. Deal with it.

Hey James,

Thanks for the support! LOL

If they disallowed Tony's run would that be fair? What if they ran all but the last two, do you throw out the other 20?

The runs that were made count. It really is that simple.

Alan

Maybe they should allow the final qualifying session to be held Sunday morning just before the first round. You know, just to be fair. :D

The only way to solve this problem is to build an indoor drag strip. :rolleyes:

no Mr. Higgins I am not a liberal , and how does ones political views enter into the conversation, your comments are un- warranted and not germane to the post at all.

I don't flame folks on this site/ forum , and Eugene and Alan's comments are spot on ,Thanks for sharing your insights to the members of this forum who were not able to attend this race

Going into the last session for FC qualifying, Bob Bode was on the bump spot. Bode was bumped from the field just before his final run. The rain came in and put an end to Bob being able to make a pass. How the hell do the NHRA allow times from a non-completed session? Those times from the non-completed session should have been scrapped, Bode put back in 16th and Brother Tony back out of the field. What a joke.

POMONA 2 - Funny Car Qualifying Notes, Final Session

I agree with you. I was always under the impression that unless a round was completed it was thrown out.

In Nascar if they qualify 3/4 of field and balance is rained out then the session does not count. That's the way it should be in all types of racing, it's the fairest way for everyone.

Okay since i'm 55 and have seen it from all sides I don't remember anybody who promised that anything would be fair.

The rules are in the book and that you need to read and know before you show up to run. If the race is run by the book and it doesn't work out for you then that is the way it goes.

I like to see Bode run as an independent and admire his successes but who said that rules always have to be fair to everyone?

"Buy the ticket, take the ride."
Hunter S. Thompson

I understand what the current rule is so I'm OK with Bode not getting in as that is the current rule. What I don't understand is why is that the rule? Wouldn't it make more sense that if a round is not completed the round doesn't count? Seems to me that every competitor should have a chance to run in a session. I understand that life isn't always fair but when you have an opportunity to make a rule that is fair to everyone, why wouldn't you do it?

I understand what the current rule is so I'm OK with Bode not getting in as that is the current rule. What I don't understand is why is that the rule? Wouldn't it make more sense that if a round is not completed the round doesn't count? Seems to me that every competitor should have a chance to run in a session. I understand that life isn't always fair but when you have an opportunity to make a rule that is fair to everyone, why wouldn't you do it?
Like I said earlier, so if there are clouds in the sky, do the teams just keep them in the trailers, for fear that the ENTIRE field won't get to run, therefore their $5,000 -$10,000 pass will get thrown out?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back