Anybody know about Custom Body Dart FC re-creation ? (1 Viewer)

Custom Body Fan

Nitro Member
The beautiful Custom Body Challenger restoration has been around for a few years. But in the background of this video, there is a 1974 Custom Body Dart re-creation or restoration.
. I’ve googled it and no luck. Does anyone know anything about its owner, history or whereabouts? Video is from Epping at the New England Nationals.

I can't be sure because there were several custom auto body cars but that appears to be the restoration done by Ross Howard. He displays it often at Nat'l events and I'm reasonably sure it will be at the Irwindale Nitro Revival in Nov. He took great care to restore it exactly to it's original status and it shows the care and effort that was put in the restoration. He and Larry "the Okie Smoker" Brown attended many events and cackled the car pre-covid virus. The restoration has been featured in several magazines and could probably be found by doing a bit of online research.

I can't be sure because there were several custom auto body cars but that appears to be the restoration done by Ross Howard. He displays it often at Nat'l events and I'm reasonably sure it will be at the Irwindale Nitro Revival in Nov. He took great care to restore it exactly to it's original status and it shows the care and effort that was put in the restoration. He and Larry "the Okie Smoker" Brown attended many events and cackled the car pre-covid virus. The restoration has been featured in several magazines and could probably be found by doing a bit of online research.
Thanks John. Ross owns the Custom Body Challenger (and I bought the t-shirt from him!) but I don't think he owns the Dart too. The Challenger is the only Custom Body car he has cackled to my knowledge. I emailed him about the Dart to see what he knows but didn't hear back.

Your right. I haven't talked to him in a few months but I now that I think about it I remember it being the Challenger.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back