Anybody else notice how much better the cars sound at Denver? (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
I'm just sitting here watching the qualifying and noticed that even over TV the cars sound so much better at 90% compared to the neutered 85%. Bring back 90% ASAP!

90%, more boost too. Whatever wing angle they want. Air was pretty bad too, DA was something like 8500ft.

Dude-- if you been at the track you should know that
They are racing at other tracks around the country BT... :rolleyes: Maybe even the whole world... ;) Other planets?? Dunno yet :confused:

Steven was at Sacramento, that's in California don't ya know... :D
Where they run up to 100% for real...

Yes Steven, for this race ONLY, 90%... A lot of reasons why (no air) and no time to explain them all... I'm trying to get over to your pics and I keep getting sidetracked!!

I'm just sitting here watching the qualifying and noticed that even over TV the cars sound so much better at 90% compared to the neutered 85%. Bring back 90% ASAP!

Yup, I noticed a little more pop in the sound. I used to think you could not tell the difference between 85% and 90%. Unless ESPN did something different with the sound, I could tell a difference.

I was walking through the pits in Pomona the year before last, and Del fired up the Blue Max. Talk about cackle... :eek: I thought to myself.. wow, I wonder who THAT is?!?! It sounds like the should! Needless to say I walked pretty damn fast to where the sound was coming from.

I don't know what the Kalitta camp is doing, but even at 85% those car Pop pretty good at Idle! Especially Hillary's, stand as close to that car when they fire in the pits, you'll hear the Difference believe me! I don't know if they run them leaner on the Lowside or what, but No other cars sound like their's do.

They are racing at other tracks around the country BT... :rolleyes: Maybe even the whole world... ;) Other planets?? Dunno yet :confused:

Yes Steven, for this race ONLY, 90%... A lot of reasons why (no air) and no time to explain them all
Thanks Ray, and i understand the air is horrible and whatnot. Ive been working up at the shop a lot this week trying to get the car back together and havent had much time to read the websites...

No problem Steven, I know what you got going on...
I guess I'll see you in Sept. I thought we were booked for Sat. :(

I borrowed a couple of vids from Eric David Bru, only cause they are so cool... :D I need to get my hands on our video's and post them for you guys who like 97% pop... :cool:

1800-Entertainment Video Gallery/Video Clips/2007/Eddyville Dragway/Night of Fire/Camera 1/Nitemare NTF Warmup
1800-Entertainment Video Gallery/Video Clips/2007/Eddyville Dragway/Night of Fire/Camera 2/Nostalgia Top Fuel Round 2

Oh, you may want to turn it up... :eek: LOUDER!!

on the telecast last nite, they came back from a commercial break
to a camera/microphone sitting right against the wall of the track;
east side of track, and a pair of FC's were doing their burnouts, coming
to a stop just about next to the camera. The combination of 90%
and whatever kind/type/position of microphone made the best nitro
sound on my TV that i have heard in quite some time.
ESPN please repeat.

Anyone Notice how NHRA has no problem allowing 90% at Denver, yet they need a year to think(?) about allowing it fulltime??:rolleyes:

Anyone Notice how NHRA has no problem allowing 90% at Denver, yet they need a year to think(?) about allowing it fulltime??:rolleyes:

That's the NHRA for you Joe!

Btw Agree on Hillary's car, this year to me it sounded even better then when I heard it fire up last year. boi does it have a sweet note to it!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back