Angie McBride ready to ride Nitro Fish Pro Stock Motorcycle at U.S. Nationals (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]After spending the last two months and four NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle races on the sidelines – working on a new house with fiancé Matt Smith while cheering for him as he contends for the 2009 series title – Angie McBride is ready to resume quarter-mile competition at this weekend’s 55th annual Mac Tools U.S. Nationals at O’Reilly Raceway Park.

“I am really excited to be racing in the U.S. Nationals,” said McBride, who will again wear Nitro Fish colors. “I’ve raced four times this year and got to the semifinals in my last two races. The last time I raced was at Norwalk (Ohio) in June. I was bummed because I couldn’t go to the next couple of races, but I am looking forward to this weekend.”

“Matt has partnered with Karl Klement on a motor program and I’ll be running a Klement motor. It has good horsepower. That program is definitely a good thing for us. I hope to be racing in the next three races, and we hope this will be the start of something that will lead to a Wally (NHRA national event win).”

Smith’s birthday gift to McBride was an entry for the Norwalk event. She responded well, qualifying sixth and winning her first two rounds before losing to Eddie Krawiec. He also doused her title hopes in the same round at St. Louis.

“We had a good motorcycle at Norwalk and a good day,” she commented. “I haven’t made a lap since. It’s going to be fun being with Nitro Fish again. I love the Nitro Fish bodywork on the bike. It always gets a lot of response from the fans.

“We want to go rounds Monday and do well at the U.S. Nationals because for us it is the biggest and most important race of the year.”

Attachments

• 1039 mcbride.jpg
    1039 mcbride.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 10
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back