Angie McBride 12th in Pro Stock Bike; L.E. Tonglet Slows to 11.515 (1 Viewer)

It wasn't a perfect run Friday night, but it was enough to put Angie McBride into the 12th spot as Pro Stock Motorcycle qualifying got underway for Monday's Mac Tools U.S. Nationals at O'Reilly Raceway Park.

Rookie driver L.E. Tonglet, 19, making his first NHRA appearance riding the Frameworksmg.com Buell from Matt Smith Racing, didn't go more than 330 feet before a transmission problem forced him to shut off the motor. He coasted to the line in 11.515 seconds at 69.02 mph and was 22nd.

McBride drove the Nitro Fish Racing Buell to an elapsed time of 7.157 seconds at 184.22 mph in the first run on the Matt Smith Racing/Karl Klement engine.

"It was a decent pass," said McBride. "We went down the track and I hit all the gears, but we drove through the clutch and it was the first pass on our new tire. All-in-all, we got good data and we'll tune it up for Saturday's runs."

Tonglet, meanwhile, said the transmission wouldn't go into third gear. "We found an air line broke (on the air shifter) and let all the air out of the tank. I really liked going down the track and I hope to go all the way down on Saturday. At least I got all the jitters out now."

Two more qualifying sessions are on tap Saturday and two more on Sunday before Monday's eliminations.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back