Angie McBride, Matt Hartford, Matt Smith Pace Nitro Fish teams as U.S. Nationals begi (1 Viewer)

Angie McBride wasn't impressed with Friday's first U.S. Nationals Pro Stock Motorcycle qualifying run at O'Reilly Raceway Park, but the quarter-mile time of 7.157 seconds at 184.22 mph was good enough to put her in 12th place.

"It was a decent pass," said McBride of her quarter-mile run aboard the Nitro Fish Buell. "We went down the track and I hit all the gears, but we drove through the clutch and it was the first pass on our new tire. All-in-all, we got good data and we'll tune it up for Saturday's runs."

This is McBride's first race following a two-month hiatus. Her fiance, Matt Smith, put the Don Schumacher Racing Nitro Fish Suzuki into the No. 3 slot with a time 7.018 seconds at 190.65 mph.

Matt Hartford was 15th after making his first competitive Pro Stock run in the Nitro Fish Pro Stock Dodge, 6.696 at 205.98. He and crew chief Eddie Guarnaccia were pleased with the effort that followed testing Tuesday and Wednesday at St. Louis.

"We were the first Pro Stock pair to go down the track and I'm pretty happy with our run," said Hartford. "We got tune-up data and now we can get ready for Saturday's two qualifying runs.

"It's tough out there. There are 32 of the best Pro Stock cars trying" to get into the 16-car field.

"I think it was a good start," added Guarnaccia. "That was the first run on a new motor and it ran decent speed."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back