Anderson's New Camaro (1 Viewer)

I was out there yesturday and the car was pretty impressive... i know they ran some more today but did not make it out there... the Summit team does a buch of testing there... and always find some more speed after testing here....

Krisher was thre also yesturday along with Matt Smith and Rickie Smith... few more PS reams were suposed to show up today....

More pics on the Rockingham Dragway Facebook page of all the cars and bikes testing yesturday....

Last edited:
The entry lists at NHRA.COm aren't always paragons of accuracy. :rolleyes:

They don't have Greg Stanfield on the PS List yet.

And on the comp list they have Darrin Bauder as C/D when he drives a door car and Anthony Bertozzi as D/ED when he's driving the roadster for Vinny Barone.

Side note-37 COMP ENTRIES including Rampy just getting added. I think this is the biggest field of Comp this season as it has seemed that Comp has not had it's best fields so far this season when it comes to car count.

Disagree on the Cruze, for two reasons. 1. Like someone mentioned earlier, RWD is a must. 2. The Cruze is a sorry P.O.S. lol

RWD may be a must, but adaptations have to be made. For example, the Prius is not a car I support, but it sells and it may be time to make bodies that represent popular average fuel saver/hybrid cars that people can relate to and not just always the performance car. I hate it to, but this may be the key to returning factory support in the class.

RWD may be a must, but adaptations have to be made. For example, the Prius is not a car I support, but it sells and it may be time to make bodies that represent popular average fuel saver/hybrid cars that people can relate to and not just always the performance car. I hate it to, but this may be the key to returning factory support in the class.

LOL, if a Prius becomes a funny car, I will jump off the suites at Lucas Raceway.

Disagree on the Cruze, for two reasons. 1. Like someone mentioned earlier, RWD is a must. 2. The Cruze is a sorry P.O.S. lol

So, you're calling MY car, (one of the best I've ever owned,) a sorry P.O.S?!?!?!?!?

CRUZE2.jpg

:mad:

Well......

Excuuuuuuuuuuuse meeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

i think the Cruze should've been used for Pro Stock myself. I'm not big on this camaro incarnation.

Easy there Doc! I did put lol after I said that. I personally did not like it when I drove it tho. All a matter of opinion I guess. That color on yours sure is sharp. :)

Yeah, I know Steve. I took it in the proper context. I hope you did my response as well.

Thanks for the compliments. When freshly waxed on a sunny day, that paint just pops right at ya.

As far as power, yes, compared to what most people in this country are used to, they may think it has no guts but I must defend the car. You just have to know how to drive it. You can't drive it like a typical American car.

Mine's the ECO model, with the 1.4L turbo, and 6 speed stick. It's perfectly capable of getting out of its own way, plus outrunning plenty of other vehicles when merging onto the freeway. The key is think about what you're trying to do to keep the engine at that "sweet spot." When pulling onto the freeway, you can't be afraid to keep the RPMs up, and thus the turbo spooled up. I'm here to tell you that driven correctly, when you punch it and the turbo is spooled up it really kicks the engine in the butt. It's not hard at all to arrive at the merge point on the (uphill!) freeway entrance ramp, sailing past 70, and I'm still in 4th, with 2 more gears to go. It fools a LOT of people.

It is also THE BEST handling Detroit built car I've EVER driven. Period. This thing is on rails.

I drive 122 miles commuting each day, and I'm NOT going to argue with the fact that my last tankful produced 43.2 mpg. I'm also not going to argue with the fact that, with the odo nearing 36,000 miles, I've had zero, nada, zilch, no problems what-so-ever.

None.

It's the most fun I've ever had with a bone stock car. :)

ps: (Buy the stick! I didn't like the auto. It's not as responsive.)

I STILL think they ought to use it for Pro Stock! :p

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back