And You Thought Baytown Was Bad Last Year.... (1 Viewer)

mike

Nitro Member
Now I know last year at Houston was a bad one with all the rain, and if you were a Sportsman racer having to deal with all that mud... The Europeon racers first hit out for the year has been welcomed with lovely....

Event Coverage

Over the weekend.

Would make for some fun :p;)

Nice post, Michael. Bet you wish you were still here, huh?

PS: Talk about the wonders of the internet! A gentleman in Australia posts pictures of a race(!) in England for (mostly) Americans to view.

PPS: It's 7.47am on Easter Monday (UK public holiday) as I type and it's snowing. They still haven't cancelled today's eliminations. What are the prospects?

10am: and they're racing, it would appear. It's an Easter miracle, dare one say? So I'm off -- only 8 miles from my front door to the Pod. Wish us luck and a fine day.

Just out of curiosity, was this the race D. Guinn had his career ending wreck at. Seemed like that was Easter Weekend at Santapod.

Correct. Darrell crashed Easter Sunday 1990. I'm pleased to say it was one event I happened to miss.
Santa Pod's inaugural event was Easter 1966, if I recall correctly. My first visit was one year later. As with this year, Easter 67 fell in March and was wet and pretty miserable -- not an encouraging first experience, but I've managed to keep coming back.

And this year's race has actually now been completed, despite the frigid conditions. I've been home for 4 hours but am still trying to warm up. One of Tog's Eurodragster snow photos which opened this thread found its way into a national newspaper this morning (the dreaded 'Sun').

After last season's rain-outs and this wintry weekend, the weather gods truly owe us a beautiful racing summer.

It's that dang old Global Warming thing again !

Unfortunately Lousy weather the big nemesis of straight line racing will always be there warming or cold.

The global warming theorists are having a tough couple years - it's several degrees cooler than their carbon dioxide model predicts.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back