...and they call it ENTRY LEVEL??? (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

Tim,

One other point to consider in this debate. We're talking about Pro tree racing too...

And you know that Pro Tree and Full tree box racing are exactly the same.

Funny story...

I won't mention who it was to protect their dignity, but a former world champ in one of the fuel categories thought it would be fun to make some laps in a Super Comp car. Here's a guy who made his living driving a fuel car and winning... a great driver. He tried a couple times but was absolutely befuddled on how to get the S/C car staged, up on the converter, and launch the car with any close to a respectable light.

Skills are skill... they just aren't all the same in every category.

....Yes...Skill is Skill.... Skill takes time... Kinda like my BOTTOM BULB EXPERIMENT. It's gonna take some time, but I'll get it, and when I do, I think I'll be one of those guy's who cut that .005 light consistantly.....VISUALIZATION!!!!!!!! IT WORKS!

....Oh, and I've heard the same story....I don't consider that to be an "EMBARASSING MOMENT". Heck, us Super Class racers are TONS BETTER DRIVERS THAN ANY PRO....:eek: (LET'S SEE WHAT THAT STIRS UP???):D

I've always wanted to see SUPER DOOPER ADVANCED KICK ASS NITRO COMP... It's a 4.90 Index...Let's see them put a throttle stop on a Fuel Dragster.....and see how much stripe they can take???? Actually that Memphis Final with Scelzi vs. Beckman would have been an awesome SUPER DOOPER ADVANCED KICK ASS NITRO COMP Final Round! .0016 Stripe...and both cars were within .030 of the Index! I think Jack was just playin with Scelzi, giving him a SUPER CLASS RACING CLASS!

Timmah!

A question Tim--do you remember when the late Ben Raymond had that quote "I'm your Huckleberry!" on the rear spoiler of his SG Camaro?

Ben Raymond from D-5???? Vaguely Remember, but I'm still SUFFERING FROM MY PADRES LOSS LAST NIGHT!!! NOTHING WORSE THAN LIVING IN THE TOWN OF THE TEAM THAT JUST BEAT YOUR TEAM IN A (1) GAME PLAYOFF!!! :mad:

....Of course...My Chargers can exact revenge against the "DONKEY'S" on SUNDAY!!:D

I still think the best "QUOTE" on any car..is the one I stole from CORY MAC...."I'LL MAKE YOU FAMOUS!" Classic!

Without a doubt!

The box don't make them a better driver!
Anatomically speaking, it is easier to precisely control a finger/hand than a foot.
Once you know your roll out, personal reflex time etc., it holds a huge advantage over someone trying to judge, by eye, on a moving tree, the time to mash it. JMO

Anatomically speaking, it is easier to precisely control a finger/hand than a foot.
Once you know your roll out, personal reflex time etc., it holds a huge advantage over someone trying to judge, by eye, on a moving tree, the time to mash it. JMO

Nope, if you can drive it will come easy.

John, that was my long time friend, Larry "the Leg" Legowski.

Now for extra credit, do any of you remember the name of the car after he painted white?

It was white when Larry had it, sold it to Big Mike Beckwith and Jim Klimko, who painted it brown.

None of you going to take a shot?

A good point of reference would be how the box, no box RT's compare. I'll accept that result as proof.
Then let's compare the 3rd round of Super Gas and Super Stock from this last weekend's divisional at Hebron, OH...

Super Gas... a .030 average
Super Stock... a .029 average

What do you think of that!?!?

BTW... Super Comp was only a .024 average.

Last edited:
Bob, I havent raced since 95. I'm to busy announcing and when I have a weekend off I like to stay home, BUT! The last time I raced was the christmas at LACR and I won 2 brackets, the high roller, which allowed electronics and trophy bracket which was no e. And I took the box out when I was in trophy so dont get any ideas(LOL)

A couple of months ago at Fontana we where talking about reaction times and a certain announcer who doesnt get it told me that his truck couldnt cut a light on a 3 amber tree because the tires are to big which I responded to him with a loud BULL! I told him that for $20 give me 3 shots at the tree and the 3rd one will be a double 0 something. I dont remember what the 1st 2 were but the one that counted was 009 and I thanked him for the $20.

Last edited:
I know normally they don't print reaction times but you must have something in print.

Dont know where you race at but I dont know of a track that doesnt print reaction times.

I

Then let's compare the 3rd round of Super Gas and Super Stock from this last weekend's divisional at Hebron, OH...

Super Gas... a .030 average
Super Stock... a .029 average

What do you think of that!?!?

BTW... Super Comp was only a .024 average.

I don't think that's very good Greg. Obviously these guys have a real problem.

And all I'm saying is that I see a lot of guys cutting .005 and better on the box and I don't see that in footbrake.

I race from Bradenton to NED and west to Texas. I think I average 3 events a month, with the exception of this year and this is what I see. I averaged .003 at one event at E-Town but it just happened to be my day. I really don't know anybody on the brake that can do that all the time.

I know normally they don't print reaction times but you must have something in print.

Dont know where you race at but I dont know of a track that doesnt print reaction times.

I

I'm talking about newspaper articles.

Bob, I havent raced since 95. I'm to busy announcing and when I have a weekend off I like to stay home, BUT! The last time I raced was the christmas at LACR and I won 2 brackets, the high roller, which allowed electronics and trophy bracket which was no e. And I took the box out when I was in trophy so dont get any ideas(LOL)

A couple of months ago at Fontana we where talking about reaction times and a certain announcer who doesnt get it told me that his truck couldnt cut a light on a 3 amber tree because the tires are to big which I responded to him with a loud BULL! I told him that for $20 give me 3 shots at the tree and the 3rd one will be a double 0 something. I dont remember what the 1st 2 were but the one that counted was 009 and I thanked him for the $20.

If you are an announcer at a track maybe you do see guys that can cut .005 or better. I've personally never seen anyone other than electronics do it consistently.

I don't think that's very good Greg. Obviously these guys have a real problem. ...
I knew it... can't argue the facts from an actual race so you disparage the racers.

BTW... those guys in Super Gas that had "a real problem" included a couple former World Champs and a few perrennial Top 10 players.

... I averaged .003 at one event at E-Town but it just happened to be my day.
I've been in the zone like that before... and it wasn't the box that got me there. It's was the fact that I, me, myself was hitting the tree almost identically each and every time.

Then I used the box to set my reaction time where I wanted it. But if I hadn't been hitting the tree so incredibly consistent I would have been all over the place... no matter what I did with the box.

Mike English was at Vegas announcing for the Ultimate Gambler a couple years ago... they qualify off reaction time from a single time trial. I had been -.002 red the night before in the 6th round. So I added .002 to the box... but at the last minute I took .001 out... I went -.001 red.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back