Aerodine Composites - TOP SECRET! (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Back from Indy after NASCAR "Tiregate" - :rolleyes: We stopped by Aerodine that makes a lot of the carbon fiber fuel car injector "hats" on Friday. We got lucky because they were having a cleanup day and got to spend a considerable amount of time with one of the owners and the shop manager - in the lobby.
Got a look at a section of an injector - these things are a sandwich built from the outside in. Outside (finished) layer, a foam layer of varying thickness, apparently sculpted by hand and the inner layer of carbon fiber. Completed assembly is then cured in an autoclave under controlled temperature and pressure.
I assumed that Aerodine made a standard hat for TF and FC (with the exception of the JFR two hole unit on Neff's car). Dead wrong! Shop manager told us that a TF team requested an injector that was 1/2" taller - it didn't work and was a very expensive piece of junk!
There is no way in hell anyone is going to get in the fab shop, as there are a lot of top secret IRL, AMLS and NHRA pieces being created. We had hoped to see an injector being made, but gained a lot of respect for Aerodine protecting it's customers. Interesting day.

I was gonna post on your earlier entry when you said you were going to go by Aerodine. I didn't, cause I wanted to see if you actually got anywhere. They will not let ANYBODY in the shop. Even if you are with a team. If you go there to pick up something, they have you wait in the lobby, or if it is coming out of the shop, they cover everything up, open the door, and bring out your piece. There are alot of secret things being worked on there.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back