A new Al-Anabi rumor (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
Yes, you heard it here first! Just got an email from a friend of mine who professes to be deeply in the know about all things professional drag racing (he isn't, but I let him have his little fantasies) anyhow, here's the scoop on AJs new TF driver--JR Todd. My friend says it's a done deal, signed, sealed, and delivered. Take it for what it's worth (going with my friend's past history, my guess is probably not much)

Yes, you heard it here first! Just got an email from a friend of mine who professes to be deeply in the know about all things professional drag racing (he isn't, but I let him have his little fantasies) anyhow, here's the scoop on AJs new TF driver--JR Todd. My friend says it's a done deal, signed, sealed, and delivered. Take it for what it's worth (going with my friend's past history, my guess is probably not much)

shenanigans7sy.jpg

That's all I'll say...!;)

I guess that means I am out. :(

....."DON'T STOP... BELIEVING...."!

"What..... OVER... Did you Say.... OVER???? NOTHING IS OVER until we decide it is....Was it over when the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor..... HELL NO!!!!"

pirate.jpg

The fat lady has not sung yet Paul... Were still in this deal..! Remember were both in the top 10 on the my space page...!:D

JR would be an excellent choice. Formula for success - driver has total confidence in crew chief and does exactly as he is instructed.
This could work very well.

Your friend used the brilliant scientific formula of:
"First one to beat Tony and me gets the ride."
By golly, Bobby, I think you hit the nail right on the head! That would also explain many of the other bizarre "inside info" he's come up with in the past!;)

Well, as is the case with most rumors, if this one is true (which I doubt), it's news to his current crew.

Come on Mom. Don't ruin a perfectly good rumor with inside information.:rolleyes:

Like I said before. I'm sure Alan Johnson is checking Nitromater once or twice each day to get the scoop on who's going to be his new driver.

The other RG

Last edited:
I would be suprised if Alan Johnson names the Top Fuel driver before the season ends simple because he is in that class and most likely will win it all.

It could be kinda awkward for everyone involved. It is not like he has anything against Don or Tony. I think he will wait awhile.

Unless it is a driver who is not currently driving in Top Fuel.

Naming the funny car driver is no big deal since Del is not in contention and Alan is not in that class.

These rumors may go on for quite awhile

Mike

Well, as is the case with most rumors, if this one is true (which I doubt), it's news to his current crew.

Everyone universally poo-poo'd the Del rumor too. Just sayin'.

(I personally don't believe JR is leaving either ... but NOTHING would surprise me at this point)

You coming to Vegas 2 Ma?

Oh my, Pat! Do you mean my "insider" has erroneous information AGAIN?????:eek: I'm thinkin' that if there was any truth to it, the crew may just might have heard a little bit before my "insider" friend...but heck, he's havin' a great time pretending he's and insider...and by the way if anyone is wondering....he DOES NOT have the initials Terry Jones!!!:D

Wait ..... This just in... I got it from a guy who knows a guy whos wife was working at a place that has a diner next door and they heard that this other guy was think about maybe talking to someone about this job opening.... Trust me.. this news is solid.. take it to the bank (well not WAMU) PRINT IT NOW.....LOL ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back