A Message from Susie Oberhofer (1 Viewer)

its been hard not chekcing in on her to see how she's doing...send her my best please

Susie.....my heart breaks for all of y'all! We're with ya chica!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update Nancy. For sure, thoughts of this whole situation has occupied my mind so much, it's hard to concentrate at work. Thoughts and prayers to Suzie and all the Kalitta Racing family.

Thank you to all of you for your support of the Kalitta family and the Oberhofer family. The pain I feel in my gut is not for me, but for all of the members of Kalitta Racing. If any of you have ever been around the gang, then you know what I am talking about. Their kindness and ability to have a great time is infectious. I am so honored to know such a talented group of people.

It is unvelievable the amount of phone calls and emails I have gotten. You have no idea what that means to me. It warms my heart to know how respected these guys are. Please keep sending your love to all of them and especially Connie,Cathy, Corey, Collin & Doug, Josie, Mitchell & Avery.

While I was watching the team on the starting line when Robert Hight pulled up, that moment right there was truly the most touching thing I have ever seen. It doesn't matter what your last name is, but when you say the name Kalitta, that means family.

Thank you to Nancy Matter for being there for me! You are a doll!!!
K.C. Spurlock, you rock!!!
Terry Larsen, you are the best cornfield guy I know!!!
Teri Sewell, thank you for being the best sister-in-law sister!!! :D

Rest in peace my friend...................

Suz

Well said Suzie Q. And rest assured we will always be here for you, just like you have been for us. Godspeed Scott Kalitta. It's 5 Oclock somewhere.....

Suzie,

God bless you and the rest of the family. Here hoping your pain is short lived, replaced with the fond memories instead.

I wanted to share this: A Silent Tribute from Bunny Burkett that NO ONE Knows about.

This is from 'Bear', one of "The Boys".....Bunny's burnout in the first round of elimination caught us all by surprise, only Marc White with the Cindrich & Sheetz Team in the other lane knew of Bunny's intention to Salute Scott Kallitta with a burnout out as far as the "Hemi Honey" would go, much to the dismay of the starter, Rick Stewart & NHRA. Bunny is probably (?) one of the only Funny Car Drivers that has "Died" in a top end crash in 1995, (She died 3 times before arriving to the hospital...thank God for Life Flight!) only to return to the strip as soon as she was able! Bunny says....."Don't cry for Scott...Salute Scott! He died doing what he loved doing......"It's What We Do!"" GOD SPEED SCOTT......R.I.P. Good Luck in your quest for another championship in Heaven

Now THAT'S cool! We are all trying to celebrate Scott in our own ways, and hearing how others are coping is a great help. That brought a smile to my face and I'm sure, to Scotts! Thanks for sharing that Nancy.

I wanted to share this: A Silent Tribute from Bunny Burkett that NO ONE Knows about.

This is from 'Bear', one of "The Boys".....Bunny's burnout in the first round of elimination caught us all by surprise, only Marc White with the Cindrich & Sheetz Team in the other lane knew of Bunny's intention to Salute Scott Kallitta with a burnout out as far as the "Hemi Honey" would go, much to the dismay of the starter, Rick Stewart & NHRA. Bunny is probably (?) one of the only Funny Car Drivers that has "Died" in a top end crash in 1995, (She died 3 times before arriving to the hospital...thank God for Life Flight!) only to return to the strip as soon as she was able! Bunny says....."Don't cry for Scott...Salute Scott! He died doing what he loved doing......"It's What We Do!"" GOD SPEED SCOTT......R.I.P. Good Luck in your quest for another championship in Heaven

So thats what that was! I didnt know an alchohol car could spin'em so long. Past 1/2 track-coasted to the mph lites. Thank you for pointing it out to us.

That is classic!!! Thanks Nancy for posting it & thanks to Bunny & Bear for doing/writing it!!!:):):)

Suzie; thanks for checking in with us! Thinking good thoughts for everyone involved!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back