A Few Pics From 1993 Gators (1 Viewer)

NONE

Nitro Member
The last time I went to the Gators was in 1993. It had rained so much that the spectator parking area was closed. I arrived near the track about 9:00 AM and got in a traffic jam that seemed endless. They were routing traffic several miles from the track and shuttle bussing them in. By the time I got to the track, all of first round had been run. Then it rained some more and delayed the race another hour or so. During the rain delay I took the following photos.

Wayne.

1993.jpg
19932.jpg
19933.jpg

Second set.

The last time I went to the Gators was in 1993. It had rained so much that the spectator parking area was closed. I arrived near the track about 9:00 AM and got in a traffic jam that seemed endless. They were routing traffic several miles from the track and shuttle bussing them in. By the time I got to the track, all of first round had been run. Then it rained some more and delayed the race another hour or so. During the rain delay I took the following photos.

Wayne.

19934.jpg
19935.jpg
19936.jpg

wow, i didn't realize they were running pro- mod that long ago... (nitrous equiped).... o i know bad joke.. nice pics

Wayne THANK YOU for those pics as you have inadvertently settled a friendly wager for me.

Some folks I know believe the TORCO company is a recent phenomenon and I told them they have been around for at least 12 years, probably longer. They looked at me like I had 2 heads. I couldn't remember who was backed by TORCO back in the day ... and there it is in your pics from 15 years ago ... Kurt Johnson ...

cool pics! that eckman pennzoil ride was cool looking. i think i have the mpc model somewhere.lolo. nice to see that wayne county dodge WITHOUT the flames shooting out of the hood scoop! lolol...

cool pics! that eckman pennzoil ride was cool looking. i think i have the mpc model somewhere.lolo. nice to see that wayne county dodge WITHOUT the flames shooting out of the hood scoop! lolol...

I believe it was 1995 when Eckman had his nitrous explosion in the pits that got him banned for five years.

Wayne.

I believe it was 1995 when Eckman had his nitrous explosion in the pits that got him banned for five years.

Wayne.

coulda swore i saw a super stock/drag illustrated magazine cover with the wayne county dodge shooting a 2 foot flame out of the hood scoop on a night qualifying pass? then suddenly their shop was broken into and dodge was out of replacement parts? atleast jerry came clean after being busted. but thats old news.........

Last edited:
coulda swore i saw a super stock/drag illustrated magazine cover with the wayne county dodge shooting a 2 foot flame out of the hood scoop on a night qualifying pass?

Your memory is correct Rick! Actually I think there was a picture inside the mag of it... either way super stock/drag illustrated did have that shot.

Mike

Funny,
I was watching Diamond P's Drag Racing 93 when this post was started:)

and besides, what's wrong with a little laughin' gas among friends, wasn't it a factory option at the time?:rolleyes:

d'kid

Wayne THANK YOU for those pics as you have inadvertently settled a friendly wager for me.

Some folks I know believe the TORCO company is a recent phenomenon and I told them they have been around for at least 12 years, probably longer. They looked at me like I had 2 heads. I couldn't remember who was backed by TORCO back in the day ... and there it is in your pics from 15 years ago ... Kurt Johnson ...

If memory serves, we used Torco fork oil in our motocross bikes um...35 years ago.

Scan from Rick...

dodge.jpg

wow mike your good...dont forget to metion this pic was taken after 9 straight wins by the nitrous (allegedly) boys!! unfortunatley after this race their shop was vandalized and the factory supported team ( with $$$$$$$$$$$) was left empty with no parts to race with for a couple years...luckily darrel found another really "good" form of income to get him by,:(

Torco Oil and Torco Race Fuels are not the same company.

Torco Oil and Torco Race Fuels are not the same company.

I was just going to say the same thing. Torco race fuels that we all know is in Michigan, Torco oils is out west here in the SF Bay Area (Martinez??)
The two companies have been in a legal feud over the name for a while now, not sure how that shook out or even if it did.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back