9th Annual Dot Com Awards (1 Viewer)

No, many sites show X amount of people that are members but only so many actually come on and lurk or post (ie active). Just by lurking you are active. I was just wondering if that 10k number is people who currently part of the bb or just who has signed up there since it inception.

on here we show almost 4k members but just over 1k are active

One I'm just curious plus I find it surprising that with 2 1/2 times the members that we have that out busiest days ever was actually pretty close (420 to 480) I would haeve expected a bigger difference

Most users ever online was 480, 10-29-2007 at 10:28 PM.

480 was the most members on at one time. We average 1800 per day!!!

The Bullet Rocks! There are a bunch of us West Coasters that post on there. Lots of good technical advice. There is also a lot of b.s., but I've gotten a LOT more help and advice there than any other message board.

Its not the unque hits that matters....... its who is on YB........ I hear every day that the top brass of MOST Performance companies go on to see the real pulse of Sportsman drag racing (this was told to myself by many exec's)
While you were laughing...... we were building top notch tech sections and giving YB Members what they ask for...... the celebrity driver list is second to no one........ Only Monty, Ray, and myself know who they are as they wish to remain nameless and we will honor that

YB is a success because everyone contributes

Its not the unque hits that matters....... its who is on YB........ I hear every day that the top brass of MOST Performance companies go on to see the real pulse of Sportsman drag racing (this was told to myself by many exec's)
While you were laughing...... we were building top notch tech sections and giving YB Members what they ask for...... the celebrity driver list is second to no one........ Only Monty, Ray, and myself know who they are as they wish to remain nameless and we will honor that

YB is a success because everyone contributes

Sounds vague and mysterious to me. I prefer a site with real names...not nick names posters can hide behind. We've been there and done that...
:D

Sounds vague and mysterious to me. I prefer a site with real names...not nick names posters can hide behind. We've been there and done that...
:D

Vauge and mysterious it is not. Check out the Bullet John, its the real deal. Most of the guys there are hardcore racers, not fans. Nobody there is hiding behind a screen name either.

What is a unique hit?

Last edited:
I find it interesting that 1,000 more people have voted for message board of the year versus any of the other categories. I would like to think true fans of the sport would vote for all the categories not just one in order to skew the outcome of one category. Interesting, very interesting....

I find it interesting that 1,000 more people have voted for message board of the year versus any of the other categories. I would like to think true fans of the sport would vote for all the categories not just one in order to skew the outcome of one category. Interesting, very interesting....

Why are you surprised ? Wait until the elections start next year, then you really see people come out of the woodwork.

This is clearly not a contest of which one is better. Never will be.
A simple preference decision. If you like what they have to offer more, than spend time over there. If you like what the Mater has to offer more, then spend time over here.
This will never become a land war, and no one will even be killed in this battle.
I looked over there and there was nothing even remotely enticing to me, so I will stay over here. But to each his own. I don't care if they have a billion members and win every voting poll ever. It ain't my style.

i'm with Buzzz....i snooped around over there for about a 1/2 hour last night and didnt really care for what was being offered. I browse quite a few boards but i am most active here and over at Justin's board (classicfunnycar)...i visit JRX's and Sharky's boards everyday as well....hell i even go on Nitroland if i am in the mood for a chuckle

I myself,being a member of yellow bullet
only voted in one area,the rest of them I was not intrested in!!
so maybe others have the same feeling as I do!

I myself,being a member of yellow bullet
only voted in one area,the rest of them I was not intrested in!!
so maybe others have the same feeling as I do!

I agree Rich. I don't care about the NHRA or Pro Classes. I think that is a lot of the difference between YB and the Mater. Most of the YB people are racers but not pros. More 10.5, pro mod, index, bracket and sportsman racers. We care about our type of racing. :cool:

I'd never heard of them before this thread. I have no doubt it is preferred by some as is the Mater preferred by others. I did peek into a couple threads and found the same general argumentative discussions that reminded me of the old Mater where real names weren't required. I'll not pass judgment on just 5 or 6 threads however but I would love to see a couple from our ranks gravitate over to their board so they could claim more and we claim less? Is that a possibility? Heck, they could even have one of our moderators in my book.

I agree Rich. I don't care about the NHRA or Pro Classes. I think that is a lot of the difference between YB and the Mater. Most of the YB people are racers but not pros. More 10.5, pro mod, index, bracket and sportsman racers. We care about our type of racing. :cool:

I think most Sportsman Racers don't care for the Pro's, the Pro's are Spectator driven. The Sportsman classes are Participant/Competitor driven...

Joe, I couldn't agree more. I'll never be a pro, but I still enjoy my 10 second ride. :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back