64 funny cars (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
On Cap Racing Home Page we are showing a different funny car picture every day for the next 64 days. We started with the Powergloss Hawaiian, next it was the Jam Air Special and today it's Gentleman Hank Johnson. Most of these are rare never seen before photos from the 70's and 80's. Be there as they use to say.

I highly doubt that there are 64 Fuel FCs in existence today, probably not 32 even, especially since IHRA dropped the class. However, if you add the current crop of Nostalgia Nitro FCs to the mix, things change a bunch! I think there are more than 32 of those alone scattered around the country. I'm not sure, but even in the old days of the big shows, I believe there would be 32 Nitro cars, and a mixture of alky, injected, and maybe jets to come up with 64, but someone like Randy Goodwin could probably answer that better.

James, good idea! maybe we'll end with that picture and then it will be on to top fuel which should get us into the late fall. I hope every one makes a brief daily stop to capracing.com as this will be fun.

Hey Rich you have a great site! BTW, I thought I saw your car for sale somewhere awhile ago. Are you thinking of changing rides?

Thanks Rich! Love seeing the old Northwest cars you put up. I saw 'Gentleman Hank' with that Omni at the Ignitor in `81. It was a good looking car, I still remember the outcome of that race....Bonin over Henry Harrison in the final. I skipped my sisters graduation that day! :D

Last edited:
Nunzio, 29 nitro funny cars at the March Meet this year and more on the way. I can hear Doner now "100 FUNNY CARS this saturday night"

Last edited:
I highly doubt that there are 64 Fuel FCs in existence today, probably not 32 even, especially since IHRA dropped the class. However, if you add the current crop of Nostalgia Nitro FCs to the mix, things change a bunch! I think there are more than 32 of those alone scattered around the country. I'm not sure, but even in the old days of the big shows, I believe there would be 32 Nitro cars, and a mixture of alky, injected, and maybe jets to come up with 64, but someone like Randy Goodwin could probably answer that better.

Those were the good old days. A Chaparral Trailer, Chevy Crew Cab, and a few crew people. Heading to Martin, The Grove, or Rockford. I still say it was a lot more fun back then.

Yes the car is up for sale. In the northwest you can't race blown alcohol unless it's a TAD car or you are racing a nostalgia car. TAD is my preferance but we don't have the budget. We have tried for a while now to get a group of blown cars together to start a Pro Comp style program. The problem is I can't find enough cars to make it work. So we are limited to racing top eliminator west (which is perfect for us) or top dragster. None of the top eliminator races are local and most of the top dragsters up here are basicly super comp style cars.

Our plan is to eventually sell the car even though we don't want too and race a tall body nostalgia dragster where we have a better chance at winning. it's a real delema because I'd rather stay with what i got.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back