6 Races In A Row Bull!!!! (1 Viewer)

Rolling O Store Is Going To The Indy 500.so 9 Races In 10 Weeks Plus A Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man that's going to be a marathon. The swing is bad enough as it is. Atleast that free's up this weekend for testing.

Millican and crew have been doing long streches for 5/6 years. You want you race, race. If not stay home. It's your choice.

Did you know that the Pro teams are not allowed to take their rigs out early? If they don't qualify or go out early they are required to stay until the final rounds, or face a $1000 fine from NHRA. They might need to rethink that for this 6-race swing. Hope everyone has LOTS of parts!

Did you know that the Pro teams are not allowed to take their rigs out early? If they don't qualify or go out early they are required to stay until the final rounds, or face a $1000 fine from NHRA. They might need to rethink that for this 6-race swing. Hope everyone has LOTS of parts!

Its a safety issue on Sunday which I can understand especially at some tracks with the entrances and exits the way they have them. However I dont see a problem with rigs pulling out on Sat night after qualifying.

Pat,

You can pull out Saturday night if you DNQ. You just can't leave Sunday until 1 hour after the last car goes down the track. And it was done for a couple of reasons. The crowds in the pits are very tough to navigate a big rig through. And if really causes issues for the racers that are still in, getting into and out of their pits while the 75 minute clock is running.

Alan

And holy crickets... have you seen how close some of those "trailers" are parked to each other? That'd be a sad sight to see 45 foot-long scrape marks.

Hey John I Have Not Missed A Race In 9 Years Dont Plan To Start Now .how Many In A Row Have You Done?9 Races In 10 Weeks Will Kick Anyones Ass!!!!

The reason they implimented the 1 Hour limit after eliminations is because a transporter was backing up a couple of years ago and hit a spectator.

Apparantly the fan wasn't hurt (from my understanding) but it was enough for action to be taken to hopefullly avoid any future mishaps.

I enjoyed having two weekends in a row away from the track, but my schedule gets pretty busy from here on - and I'm not even working Bristol! My next open weekend is August 17-19, but I'll make up for it by covering the Indy test session Tuesday and Wednesday of the following week, then head to Milan for the IHRA weekend. My next full week off is in late September. When you throw in divisional races, there really are no non-race weekends left between now and late October and most weekends there are 4-6 races to choose from.

The bad part of a schedule that busy is that there's no slack left for postponed races, so it will be a case of "stay until it's finished" from here on.

Thanks for clearing things up. It certainly makes sense from a safety point on Sunday. However, I'm told they can't even leave on Saturday night, if they don't qualify. Something about not wanting empty pit areas. Oh well, I guess everyone is in the same boat. It's going to be a very long summer for everyone concerned.

Back to the old days!!!!

And holy crickets... have you seen how close some of those "trailers" are parked to each other? That'd be a sad sight to see 45 foot-long scrape marks.

It's really cool to see how they pull in to packed pits and out of them - they don't load in and out in order, and I'm always amazed how easy they make it look! Very impressive...

Sorry about the marathon string of races, guys! Especially for Daddy and Baby Faulkner. Good luck to all with parts and families and little ones!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back