350+ MPH Train (1 Viewer)

NitroMelon

Nitro Member
For those of us that can't seem to find a Fuel car to experience 300 mph speeds get yourself over to Paris and hitch a ride on the a new high-speed train, you're sure to feel the speed. From CNN

I have been up front on Amtrak's Acela at 150 MPH and that is pretty wild. I can only imagine what the French train was like.

Sixty-Nine years ago the Mallard in England became the fastest steam locomotive in the world, pulling twelve passenger coaches.

It was designed by Sir Nigel Gresley, an engineering genius who had already produced a world-beater in The Flying Scotsman.

The period between the two world wars was all about pushing the boundaries of technology and breaking records. International rivalry ruled the waves – and the skies - and the railways!

Germany was desperate to show the world the efficiency of the Nazi regime, and had smashed the record for the world's fastest steam engine with their Flying Hamburger, basing the design on Bugatti racing cars.

To Gresley it became a matter of national pride to take back the record. He built and carefully prepared the streamlined Mallard – The Blue Streak – and finally, on 3 July 1938, Mallard reached a top speed of 126mph (202kmph), claiming an unassailable place in the railway hall of fame.

I wanted to see it for myself, so I GoogleMapped it...

--Go to Google.com

--Click on Maps.

--Click on get Directions.

--From New York,New York

--To Paris,France.

--And read line # 23. :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back