30 minute line for tickets at route 66 (1 Viewer)

nitrobobby

Nitro Member
the line was 250ft long when the round one pro stock cars started. when at the ticket gate-still 30 minute wait-those people missed all 1st round funny car qualifying.returning at 7:00 pm all general admission tickets -sold out -you had to buy the $51.00 tickets

Last edited:
A line for tickets in Chicago......Isn't that a GOOD thing?

PS: Didn't you mean second round?

Last edited:
250' long my eye... We were walking in the grounds right at 1ST round of pro stock and started and across the parking lot on a angle walking right to the entrance and were shocked to see the line go at least a 100' past the jumbotron (which seemed to be right around the finish line) and had to back track all the way to the back of the line which looked to be about 6-8 people wide. I we asked some track officials if we could jump the fence to get in line so we wouldn't have to walk further and they seemed to have an attitude??

I've been going to the spring and fall race (which they no longer have :mad:)on various days since the track opened and never seen anything like it... or at any other national event that we've been to... Never had to stand in line @ Indy... leaving was a pain as well:)

Bottom line, it has to be good for our sport and I'll pre buy my tickets for now on!

BUY YOUR TICKETS BEFORE HAND!!!!!! they sell them at any ticketmaster :)

Sounds like a big weekend for the NHRA. Sold out GA tickets and having to settle for $50 tickets to get in. What many fans don't realize is that this may be the best race on tour to attend (Besides Indy). Usually bigger Pro fields plus where else can you see the best sportsman cars from all 7 divisions competing in 2 seperate events? The Jeg's Allstars and the National event itself.

Wish I lived closer ...

I waited almost an hour in line yesterday to get my tickets. I made sure to purchase my tickets for the rest of the weekend at that time. They were 10 deep against the wall on the GA side of the track.

Todays crowd is much smaller. I am sure the weather had something to do with it as I am sitting in my car waiting for the rain to stop.

It must have been who they do their ticket process there. I was stunned on Saturday how sparse the crowd was. There was several large sections that had nobody in it. 2nd nitro session we had our pick of wherever we wanted to sit

It must have been who they do their ticket process there. I was stunned on Saturday how sparse the crowd was. There was several large sections that had nobody in it. 2nd nitro session we had our pick of wherever we wanted to sit

How can you see anything? Looks like you could run a NASCAR race through the area between the fence and the track wall. First time I've seen the track and race on TV today.
If the stands were anyfarther away, they'd be in Indiana.

I think the rain killed the attendance on both Sat/Sun! Friday was impressive crowdwise, but ticket prices here are the highest I pay at any race so I'm sure that's a factor as well! But I also noticed broken doors and Toilet paper dispensers in the Mens room, as well as graphiti on the walls. They aren't maintaining that facility very well.

I think the rain killed the attendance on both Sat/Sun! Friday was impressive crowdwise, but ticket prices here are the highest I pay at any race so I'm sure that's a factor as well! But I also noticed broken doors and Toilet paper dispensers in the Mens room, as well as graphiti on the walls. They aren't maintaining that facility very well.

Is the track now owned by the unions or just the event? They kept showing that union sign all during the broadcast.

We got there as the gates opened on Saturday. We had to walk back to will call, after waiting a while.They only had 2 ticket windows open at first.
On the qualifying show, the line looked really long.

We saw that line, too - as we walked past it coming back in from an early grill session at the truck. Got to the track at 7:30 Friday AM. Even got yelled at a few times passing the line! The best was Saturday, though. We parked here:
3607780251_f3af7e1b58_o.jpg

And sat here:
3608596750_3c32c446c5_o.jpg

A friend of a friend gave us 8 suite tickets with parking passes!!

Aren't those great seats, 2 years ago a buddy hooked us up and we sat probably 2 or booths to the right of where you were. Looking straight down the right hand lane, awesome seats. Only down side was that we didn't get the smells of the track that we love. Other than that it was awesome

How can you see anything? Looks like you could run a NASCAR race through the area between the fence and the track wall. First time I've seen the track and race on TV today.
If the stands were anyfarther away, they'd be in Indiana.

Its not that bad. I do like how rather than the high fences most tracks have, they have short concrete barriers. Its better for viewing plus if anything went wrong there is one more layer of protection for the fans.

We saw that line, too - as we walked past it coming back in from an early grill session at the truck. Got to the track at 7:30 Friday AM. Even got yelled at a few times passing the line! The best was Saturday, though. We parked here:
3607780251_f3af7e1b58_o.jpg

And sat here:
3608596750_3c32c446c5_o.jpg

A friend of a friend gave us 8 suite tickets with parking passes!!

I was one suite over to the right. Dead center of track one floor up. Awesome!

Re. upkeep of the facilities.
The track is owned by Tony George etal of Indy fame.
The manager used to be Joey Chitwood of Chitwood's Tournament of Thrills "fame."
Facility is now the redheaded stepchild.

Lee

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back