2009 NHRA T/F Champion??? (1 Viewer)

Who Will Win The 2009 NHRA T/F Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RMS

Nitro Member
Who will win the 2009 NHRA Top Fuel Championship? Larry Dixon or Tony Schumacher?

I took this pic in Sonoma...thought it was fitting for this poll.

Qatar-Army.jpg

My vote was for Dixon/Al-Anabi/Johnson! :eek:

Torn house here.... Kiddo is (and has always been) pulling for Tony Shoe. Me ("the old guy that pays for the fuel" :D) is lookin' for an AJ/ Dixon sweep at P2...

Qualifying points are going to be huge. It could just be the driver leading going in to eliminations could be the winner say they go out in the same round.

I for one would like to see a repeat of the 1990 Finals when Joe Amato and Gary Ormsby raced for it all on the last pass. I'd rather see Dixon win it.

I'm going to be happy either way... I've always liked LD, and Tony's grown on me this year...

Watched both of their fathers race...

d'kid

the champion is Antron, the winner of this countdown fiasco...dixon I guess

How bout' both teams go out in the second round and Cory Mac goes on to win the event???? He's only 48 pts behind....

I'd be ok with this....

the champion is Antron, the winner of this countdown fiasco...dixon I guess

Alright PJ... YOU ARE OFFICIALLY BLIND.

Since the countdown began no single top 5 team in any pro category has "TANKED" harder than the Matco Tools Top Fuel team. Yes they have been through a lot in the past few months, but when it counted, they didn't get it done.

I consider many of the guys on that team my friends, but even they would admit they do not deserve the championship.... So... how can you say that the champion is Antron with a straight face????

I understand your dislike of the countdown, but... please....wtf?

I added Cory Mc Clenathan to the poll. He does have a chance at the title.

Thanks,
Shannon

I am rooting for the so called "underdog" coming into this year, The Sarge!!

Would be nice to see any of them take, That said I think the army car is going to take it. They have been as clutch as you can be this year and the fact that they are even in the hunt after losing AJ and that whole crew is remarkable. My heart wants Cory Mac to take it though, since I've been a fan of his since the mac attack/joe gibbs days

Would be nice to see any of them take, That said I think the army car is going to take it. They have been as clutch as you can be this year and the fact that they are even in the hunt after losing AJ and that whole crew is remarkable. My heart wants Cory Mac to take it though, since I've been a fan of his since the mac attack/joe gibbs days

I'll be perfectly happy with a 1/2 DSR finish! - :D
It's gonna be exciting . . . fire 'em up!!!!!!

Dixon all the way! AJ, Jason and Larry are so far above everyone else

If they were so far above everyone else, why don't they have the points lead? It looks like that team is at the same level of Tony and Cory and the team that does the best in Pomona will win the title.

Tony, Cory had the car, team all ready to go since last year. Al Anabi was a brand new team, new car etc and imo its amazing they are basically tied for the points lead going into pomona. Simply incredible, it just goes to show the talent that is on the team.

Amazing?? not to me. Al Anabi was not a new team. It was the whole DRS team including AJ. The only things new , were the guy writing the checks, and the driver. (and a good one at that).

Tony had the new crew. More amazing what they did. IMO.
I like all 4 Dixon, Antron, Cory, and Tony. But for the Vote I'll go with TONY.

Amazing?? not to me. Al Anabi was not a new team. It was the whole DRS team including AJ. The only things new , were the guy writing the checks, and the driver. (and a good one at that).

Hey Paul, I think he was saying they didn't have as much as a screw driver last year at this time, and had to assemble a complete top fuel team from scratch. Not a single nut or bolt had been down the track before pre-season testing started. From that aspect it is new.

I will say though, I was one of the doubters on how Tony would do this year. I didn't think he would contend for the title like he is, and I was sure wrong. They both had a lot to overcome.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back