2008 Nitro Car Counts (1 Viewer)

Those aren't SoCal regional teams. They are normal running cars. Strasburg is from Utah. Hartley is from Nebraska. Buff drives the BME car from Nevada. Tuttle is a touring car based in Indy. Again, other than Chrisman, who is talking about a second car by mid year, what regional teams are we talking of? Everyone mentioned already runs plenty of races and is considered part of the normal car count.

NHRA dot com has entry lists for Pomona, but they look like they are from some other year.

Good plan PJ--I don't have this first hand, but have heard that Nascar has done that very thing from time to time, as witnessed by 4 or 5 cars only completing less than 10 laps.

NASCAR has a contract with all of their race promoters and a contract with their broadcast partners guaranteeing 43 starting cars at every race. That is why they would "help" a few teams make the show here and there.

As far as I know, NHRA has no such provisions with ESPN or any of the tracks.

NASCAR has a contract with all of their race promoters and a contract with their broadcast partners guaranteeing 43 starting cars at every race. That is why they would "help" a few teams make the show here and there.

As far as I know, NHRA has no such provisions with ESPN or any of the tracks.

Don't worry once NHRA catches wind that NASCAR's doing it, they'll be quick to follow; monkey see monkey do.

Don't worry once NHRA catches wind that NASCAR's doing it, they'll be quick to follow; monkey see monkey do.

You would think monkey would see monkey falling and stop copying... Nascar's PLC is not in growth and copying an entity that needs a different market strategy than one in their growth stage is foolish...

CJ Curtsinger

Those aren't SoCal regional teams. They are normal running cars. Strasburg is from Utah. Hartley is from Nebraska. Buff drives the BME car from Nevada. Tuttle is a touring car based in Indy. Again, other than Chrisman, who is talking about a second car by mid year, what regional teams are we talking of? Everyone mentioned already runs plenty of races and is considered part of the normal car count.

Bring out Arley Langlow and the ZIP CODE CAR!!!!!;) (BOOM!!:eek:)

Could the Beal family bring it up to Pomona in Funny Car????

The car is in Houston ,Wayne Dupey & Rick Johnson are getting it ready to run the early races in the USA until the Euro season starts.

I think the local comment meant cars that live in SoCal... which I believe means south of the Grapevine...

Saying someone from the Bay Area is Local to Pomona is like saying someone from NYC is local to Richmond, Va

d'kid

The Hartley's are done (parting out their operation, we're getting some parts from them)
Sosenka (Mr MaGoo) sold their F/C operation, and will sell their T/F operation soon (their getting out, we're getting some parts from them)

Saying someone from the Bay Area is Local to Pomona is like saying someone from NYC is local to Richmond, Va

Thanks for the help:rolleyes: I was referring to the 2008 car count ,and that the car is still here in the USA .
Since you like to pick the flysh*t out of the pepper, maybe Texas could be "local" as compared to being in Europe. ;)

Well, we do consider ourself our own Country!

I lived there for a few years in the 90's & we kept the funny car in Fort Worth during the late 80's for winter match racing. Hung out at Dick's last resort.
Many good stories from around the Beatle place.:eek:

"You can always tell a Texan , you just can't tell him much" !

Or "If the Alamo had a back door you'd all be Mexican":D

Plenty of SoCal regional teams to fill up Pomona? Which teams are these? I can only think of one.
Grant Downing, Arley Langlo, Steven Chrisman, Jeff Diehl, Jon Capps (Close enough ;))? I'm sure if I though hard enough I can come up with a few more..........................

The Hartley's are done (parting out their operation, we're getting some parts from them)
Sosenka (Mr MaGoo) sold their F/C operation, and will sell their T/F operation soon (their getting out, we're getting some parts from them)

off topic, but i'm truely sad to hear that about the hartley family.
i have enjoyed meeting them and cheering for them over the years.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back