2007 NHRA/IHRA Driver Earnings (1 Viewer)

Seeing those sorry a** payouts for drivers, it's no wonder why they are in dire need of more sponsors. NHRA needs to step it up and get real.

I didn't realize Dave Benjamin competed last year in FC. Anyone know which race or races he ran and who's car he drove?

Looks like Melanie was the bread winner in that family...................:eek:

Actually, I would think between the 2 of them they make a really good living, both hired drivers without the expenses of running a team! Plus they get to earn a living doing what they love!;)

Those numbers are not exactly correct. :confused:

Examples:

Laurie Cannister TAFC - She won an IHRA national event and that would at least put her at 10,000 not counting her 2 other races.

Terry Mc Millen won 2 IHRA events in TF - That would put him at least of $46,000....not counting any other of the 11 races.

?

Those figures are what the car earned and in most cases it is split w/in the crew...Their personal contracts are not made public....and for those that know they are not paid very much...

Those figures are what the car earned and in most cases it is split w/in the crew...Their personal contracts are not made public....and for those that know they are not paid very much...

That's what I'm refering to....what the car made....and the figures are off.

Those numbers are not exactly correct. :confused:

Examples:

Laurie Cannister TAFC - She won an IHRA national event and that would at least put her at 10,000 not counting her 2 other races.

Terry Mc Millen won 2 IHRA events in TF - That would put him at least of $46,000....not counting any other of the 11 races.

Not to mention that Vinny Arcadi died of cancer and Rick Cooper did not race this year. Obviously at least some 2006 figures were used. However, in any case, it is obvious that professional drag racing is not a great way to make a living compared to other forms of racing.

Not to mention that Vinny Arcadi died of cancer and Rick Cooper did not race this year. Obviously at least some 2006 figures were used. However, in any case, it is obvious that professional drag racing is not a great way to make a living compared to other forms of racing.

You're not kidding. The winner of the Daytona 500 gets more than Tony Schumacher did the ENTIRE year. NHRA purses are an absoute joke.

Those numbers are incorrect for at least some of the drivers (cars). I know our car earned $211,000 not $116,000 based on the races we ran, where we placed and championship bonuses. And NO! it was not enough to pay the bills!!!!!!!

Sonny, I've been around drag racing since 1966. Driver payouts have been talked about since then, and before. Meanwhile, the execs at NHRA keep making $$$. :(

Well I am a rookie from 1969. NHRA release the TV schedule, all races but 3 will be on prime time TV. That is a positive ROI for investors and the drivers just set there and get same thing year after year. Where is the voice of the PRO organization, if their not happy with the purses maybe they need to raise their voice and be heard. It can be done they just have to stick together hold their ground and NHRA will listen. Without racers there would be no fans and NHRA would not exist. :eek:

I will forward any specific errors to Steve for a response. He always uses the associations' published payouts and bonus payouts and then calculates from there. I will forward Kathy and Mike's observations. bp

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back