1969 Hawaiian Funny car pics (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
I came across this and some other old drag cars today. A local guy is almost done with the restoration. He is trying to get it ready to go to bakersfield in about a week or so.

DSC01701.jpg

DSC01702.jpg

DSC01713.jpg

DSC01714.jpg

What I am interested in is the 2 funnycars in the bg..Any info on them? BTW the hawaiian is smoking hot..That thing is bad ass.....

Here is a shot of the funny cars in the rear of his shop. I'll ask him who's they were. Looks like a 69-70 mustang

DSC01709.jpg

And the other looks like a 70 camaro.

DSC01710.jpg

I'll be getting some more photos over the next week, the guy asked me today if i would help him finish it up. So far he has done the work all by himself and is not really a mechanic. He just loves old drag cars. Tomorrow we will go over there and dismantel the car so he can get the frame painted over the weekend and then we will put it back together hopefully by next friday. I can't believe this funny car is just 10 miles from my shop. I really can't believe that i get to work on it.

great shots john.
hurry up and get more shots of the hawaiian, i loved that car.
see if the owner is going to have some t-shirts made, i'll take a couple dozen

I loved that Hawaiian car, great job of restoring it, the paint looks great, thanks for sharing these. Hope it doesn't FLY on him again!:D

This car is only going to be idling and reving up a little, they have no plans to run it down the track. They may do a burn out at the finals in pomona.

More pics to come tomorrow after final assembly.

John,

You said it was about 10 miles from your shop, what city is it in?? I’m not far from your shop either.

What would it take to see these cars in person…. If even possible??

Brian.

I will be heading there about 10am to finish it up and i'll probably be there all day. We should have it ready to fire up by the evening. Give me a call and i'll tell you how to get there.

Last edited:
John, I got your PM. Thank You!!!

You made my day, I cant wait!!! And, I might get to hear it run too....Sweet!!:)

I just got home from the shop where they're building the Hawaiian. All I can say is WOW!!!

The guy who is building the car has done an excellent job and it looks great!!

John, Thanks for letting me stop by the shop to check it out, you guys made my day!!

(don’t be surprised if you see me tomorrow afternoon, I might have to stop by to see it with the body on the chassis)

Thanks again,
Brian. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back