Lions, Irwindale, Fremont, Half Moon Bay, etc. (1 Viewer)

Al

Nitro Member
Hi everyone.
My wife and I just got back from a vacation in Maui. One day, we were walking around in Lahaina (the main tourist town full of heritage buildings). We went into a store called Malibu Shirts, on the main street . There I found a full selection (of all sizes) of vintage drag racing shirts. I have attached some pics of the display - impressive and I think my favorite was the "Last Drag Race" shirt. He had Lions, Half Moon Bay, Fremont, Irwindale, Hawaii Raceway Park, as well as the Leong/Prudhomme Hawaiian dragster. As well, the owner showed me a heavy fleece Lions Drag Strip winter coat, which I almost bought for our cold Canadian winters. He said he had even more stuff on his website :
I took these photos and told him I would post it here. Check out the store (a great excuse to go to Maui ! ), or go online if you are interested .

Attachments

• Last Drag Race etc..jpg
    Last Drag Race etc..jpg
    759.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Lions etc..jpg
    Lions etc..jpg
    644.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Malibu Shirts.jpg
    Malibu Shirts.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 66
Saw an Endless Summer t-shirt, from the movie of the same name. 2 SoCal surfers went around the world one summer in the 1960's, looking for new places to surf. Interesting flic. The 2 kids are, uh, mature now. heh

We went into a Bakery in Half moon Bay (Half Moon Bay Bakery) a few years ago and there was a wall with DRAG Racing stuff all over it. It is still open and has a lot of Memorabilia on the walls. All the heavy hitters from back in the day in the Bay area are on the walls. P.S. The pastries were really good too.;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back