'07 Cordova (1 Viewer)

willy

Nitro Member
Thought I'd start this for those that were there to comment.

Fantastic weather for the event. Took my 12 yr old son..

Met Eric Howell & Mike Minick..awesome.

Sat through the first pro session with Eric..enjoyed the banter..and listening to his experiences..racing and life.

Had a great overall time. Rapid Randy's crew were just awesome with everybody. Took my son aside and explained all sorts of what they were doing..he was thrilled. (and they did that to any lil kid that showed interest). I love drag racing.

My pics are here:

Picasa Web Albums - David - Cordova2

I apologize for the grain in the night shots..still learning..LOL.

Hope Eric doesn't mind..he posted these in a different thread..thought I'd move his photos here:

Kodak Gallery.

Was that your kid that they was showing how the chutes work then put him in the car? If so I was one of the guys standing there videoing it.lol

I posted this elsewhere but i will repost since you started this awsome thread

We went to the track Thursday to set up camp and play in the rain..lol Friday morning we got up (It was still raining.) so we went on down to the cafe at the track..We walked in and found Justin Grant and crew already there hiding out from the rain... It was like deja-vu as we had this very same run in with Justin at the thunderfest..lol I was talking to Joe(Stardust driver) and had asked him about standing way out in front of him on the track to get a head on burnout shot.He informed me if i was a couple hundred feet out it would prolly work...After thinking it over i decided against it and tried a different approach.. I am soo glad i tried the second route as the video of the burnout is by far my favorite video i have shot yet...Anyhow they made there runs and we videoed the other pros..Next we decided it would be cool if we could have Joe hold the camera in the cockpit while doing the warmup in the pits..He agreed and it turned out very cool..I want to thank Justin ,Joe and the rest of the stardust crew for doing everything they could to help us get some new cool shots....

I went over to see my new buddies the Hough family(Nanook team). We spent some time with them last weekend at eddyville and i wanted to stop by and say hi..When we got there they greeted us like we were family. That team has the greatest people bar none that i have ever met..We spent quite a bit of time just hanging out with them all weekend..When we got ready to leave this morning i went over to say goodbye to them..Only Dave and his wife were there..We talked for a few minutes then i told them well hopefully we get to see ya again.Thats when Linda gave me a big hug and thanked us for everything..When she did that it almost brought a grown man to tears..If any of you have never met them and get a chance Please stop bye and talk to them..You will be glad you did...That was definitely a memory that i will store away for later ...

Troy Martin made my wifes day..She is a big fan of Troys car and asked me if i could figure out a way to get a pic of her in it.. I asked Troy last year and he said sure but the wife was too shy to go down and do it.After the event last year she was kicking herself for not doing it..Troy was nice enough to let Nikkie come down and get in the famed Chi Town Hustler and get her picture taken..I didnt get a chance to talk to kyle this time.Everytime I went to there pits it seemed they were neck deep in work and there was no way I was gonna bother them...

This is the first time I have met Rob Bruce.I talked to him throught the weekend and he is one helluva nice guy..The show him and Joe put on was second to none..They provided us with some great video..lol Rob put a scratch on the zombie in the last run.He had to peddle it a cpl times then brushed the wall..The crowd was going nuts and you could tell they enjoyed the hell out of the Nostalgia FC's.. Thanks for letting us bother you all weekend Rob..lol

Hung out with Rapid for awhile during the event and as always he treated us like he has known us forever..That whole team is about as fan friendly as you can get..

My buddy Rocky introduced me to Tom Motry at the thunderfest.I always wanted to bs with him but was intimidated by him..lol(Why I have no idea but I was).. The cool thing was he actaully remembered me .He has only ever met me once but took some time to have a conversation with me..Thanks Tom and Crew.....

EDB hopefully I will get to see your car soon..I swear Eric was helping on like 4 diff cars friday night..lol..

All in all I would have to say this was my favorite event I have been to ever...I am just a fan with no intentions of ever racing for real and to get to hang out with you guys is really speacial to me..So in closing thanks to everyone who took the time to just hang out with me and bs when they could have been doing something way more important......

Here are some pics the wife and I took...

World Series

Video clips to come later.....

Last edited:
Man, I really wish I could have found a way to make it out there for the World Series. :( Until I moved to Oregon at age 31 I think I'd been to 28 or 29 of them. I have a ton of great memories from that place.

Thanks for moving the pics, David. Very nice pics. I really like the second round pics too. I had a blast talking to you about racing, the Mater, life and everything else. It was also great to watch Randy and crew talking to your son. And like you said, they treated everybody (kids and adults) like that. It was great.
Shane, it sounds like you got some great video over the weekend too.
Brent, you are right down the road from Woodburn. I have a lot of memories from that track, namely all the Oldies but Goodies and the Hot Rod Nationals.

Strasburg ran 4.72 for the best in TF and Arend ran 5.03 for quick in FC....Dan Wilkerson reset the alcohol FC record with a 5.72 at like 252 and some change

it was good to meet Eric and David...i'm glad you guys were able to find me since i wasnt where i said i was gonna be for most of the day :p
Here is Mike's note about some times and winners in some of the Pro categories.
On Cordova's site, they have some video's (with Friday updates as of now).

Great post, Shane.

Nah..that wasn't my kid they put in the car..but we were right there..(they explained all that earlier to my Sam..) I saw a dude shooting video..well I won't let another chance go by without getting in it..LOL.

I'll say it again..Rapids gig, along with the Houghs made the trip worthwhile all by themselves.

I had a nitromethane t shirt on that I stenciled MATER on the front & back. Eric homed right in on it. I was hoping more would notice..maybe next time we'll just setup a Mater meeting @ Rapid's tent or something.

This was a fun World Series for sure.

I haven't gotten to all the photos yet, but man that was one event for the record books. Perfect weather, fast close racing, records runs for our car which resulted in us Winning our class in the 54th Annual World Series! :cool:

Good to see everybody had as much fun there as I did.

Rapid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back